Sold: 22" Savage Small Shank 450b Barrel

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Sold: 22" Savage Small Shank 450b Barrel

Postby Hoot » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:23 pm

CrMo steel with a matte black Cerakote ceramic finish. Has one trip to the range, 27 rounds through it. Shoots 225gr FTX into .5" at 100 yds using 38gr Lil gun. Light Varmint profile. Not 100% sure of brand but I think its Green Mountain. Muzzle is threaded 11/16-24, just like factory AR15 450b. I decided that I'm not up for the recoil of a bolt action in this caliber.

Asking $160.00 shipped CONUS.

Electronic payment OK or snailmail M.O.

Reply here and PM me if interested.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: FS: 22" Savage Small Shank 450b Barrel

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:01 pm

I'll throw in 50) 225 FTX bullets with the deal.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: FS: 22" Savage Small Shank 450b Barrel

Postby Hoot » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:42 am

I listed this on another forum and it sold within minutes of listing it (for more money).

Hoot
Hoot

Re: Sold: 22" Savage Small Shank 450b Barrel

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:30 am

Outstanding! Now to invest in a new toy!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:13 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Outstanding! Now to invest in a new toy!

Not really. I have 4 calibers that I'm experimenting with and a stock that has to be finished. Add to that, its finally warm enough for outdoor chores and I have plenty to do. I bought another BR stock for what appeared to be a good price. I must have failed to read the fine print, that it had no finish on it. I'm not inexperienced with stock finishing but I had a barreled action ready to go and didn't plan on having to wait until I can build up coatings to use it. Our comfortable shooting season if just beginning to show promise and I want to pursue my experiments.

On nights without cover, its still getting down into the 20's. Daytime temps are finally warming up to where I don't have to wear gloves. Image

Hoot
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:38 pm

It’s been down in the 40s at night here lately. Weird Texas weather. I’m not starting any “new gun projects” but I have some range tests and a few little mods to my existing collection to do. But first we have to catch up on yard work and projects around the house. We tilled and re-seeded the front yard, rehabbed the LAN in the house and shop and got just about everything OFF of Wi Fi. All the damage done to the house from the little tornado that grazed us back on 3/2 has been repaired. Plus I’m putting an above ground pool in the back yard for this summer heat. We finally replaced the roof on the north side of the barn and repainted the barn last week. Now I have some electrical repairs to make in the tack room and a lot of junk to sort through and organize. So we hit several little projects every time we get a few days off. I have some 450 B loading projects on the slate for this year but haven’t had time. And I REALLY need to do a lot of reloading this year. My Grendels and my 450Bs, 6.5 Creedmore and 30-30 and 30-06 are running low. I need to build up some 357 Mag and 38 special ammo for my new lever action. I’m literally down to 18 rounds of 380 ACP. Lord knows I need some 10mm, 45ACP and 9mm loaded. And I want to cast some 45 cal stuff to tinker with using the 450 Bushmaster single shot. On top of all this, I’m still stuck working these bloody Covid era 12 hour night shifts and it’s slowly killing me. I could retire early and just take the downgraded pension but I still have a lot of bills to pay. So it’s work work work work work. Ugh.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Market