A note about Trident Armory... from trident armory

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: A note about Trident Armory... from trident armory

Postby tridentarmory » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:29 am

hi guys, just wanted to get in touch with everyone to go ahead and explain our process of selling product, as so we can eliminate any concerns and help answer questions before they come up.

The firearms we sell are built quite tight, the barrels are lathed here, and ported, once the extension is on and the barrel is complete, it is tested in a jig we use that makes sure the barrel will meet our accuracy standards, and allow cartridges to feed into the sytem.
The jig we use allows us to eliminate other variables from the accuracy concerns, and isolate the possibility of tight chamber, nicks, or headspace issues. the rifling is then polished/lapped, and final inspected.
Once the barrel is satisfactory, it is installed.
The bolt and carrier, barrel and upper are now a single unit. Using no lubrication, the unit is fired for cyclic function test.
This process, a crude as it may appear, allows me personally to disassemble the upper and by looking at any wear points that are being caused, establish whether there are any wear points on the carrier/upper bolt/extractor/barrel extension, etc. to feel confident that the product will break in properly.
if i feel necessary, i will work the bolt with a file, or rotary tool, same with the upper, or any part i feel need additional attention.

THESE PRODUCTS ARE TIGHT. REALLY TIGHT. THEY ARE NOT, AND I REPEAT THIS TO EVERY CUSTOMER MULTIPLE TIMES, NOT RELIABLE UNTIL BROKEN IN.
The upper may not feed well for the first 40 rounds, sometimes a few more. The reason we do this is to simply ensure that once the upper is sighted in, and broken in, you have the smoothest acting, best sliding slickest feeding, and most accurate rifle we can make.
I have told all customers, to go ahead and break your rifle in, lubing and cleaning it frequently, and then if there are still issues after the first couple boxes of ammo, we will happily cover shipping and have you return the upper, so we can do the same visual inspection we do while building the product, compare the wear points, and polish surfaces as necessary.
I have not and will not sell an upper, a lower, or any product, that i would not be happy to own myself.
the other thing i tell every customer, Be patient with this product. Allow it time. Dont be frustrated to see it not perfect in the beginning. It will be eventually.
These are not production run, sloppy pieces of product. When you buy a Trident product, it is designed to be reliable for life, and we are here to help you with that.

We put our logos only on our complete rifles, which allows customers to be able to tell our complete product from a distance.

Lastly. Magazies. we use the factory bushmaster 450 mags, the feed lips frequently require a little pinch at the front to ensure proper case retention.

I hope this explains the process of break in a little better, and instills a touch of confidence in some of you . Thanks all .
tridentarmory

Postby Wicked Hunter » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:41 am

James i noticed you mentioned fluting. Would you flute a customers barrel that they send to you? I'm curious because my Varminter upper is Very Heavy and kinda plain looking. I know fluting isnt gonna help the weight alot, but every little bit helps. Is there anywhere we can see some samples of the fluting you do?
Wicked Hunter

Postby tridentarmory » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Not sure if these links are going to work, so ill post all of em. This is a new customer of mine from a local PD who owns one of my 450 uppers, and shoots it with a "bumpfire" stock, and says he loves it... I took a video of him last time we shot together.
This guy is great, he loves to shoot, likes new guns, and if i can, ill be getting him involved with us soon.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x275 ... -12017.mp4

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid181.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fx275%2Fimajeep%2Fphonepics2-5-12017.mp4">

tridentarmory

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:34 pm

needs a bigger clip!!!!

just too cool thou.
Al in Mi

Postby tridentarmory » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Guys,
Ive been telling all of my local customers about not only this site, but the friendly-outgoing group of gents here.
I respect the lot of you so far quite a bit....

ive been telling these guys to write up reviews and or other posts regarding their experiences of our stuff here, and join in on our debates, and topics... hopefully i can develop us another few campers!
tridentarmory

Postby tridentarmory » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Wicked Hunter wrote:James i noticed you mentioned fluting. Would you flute a customers barrel that they send to you? I'm curious because my Varminter upper is Very Heavy and kinda plain looking. I know fluting isnt gonna help the weight alot, but every little bit helps. Is there anywhere we can see some samples of the fluting you do?

be happy to flute, port or whatever... call anytime...

kill a monster with that 450 kenny, so we can make your face famous.
tridentarmory

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:16 am

tridentarmory wrote:
Wicked Hunter wrote:James i noticed you mentioned fluting. Would you flute a customers barrel that they send to you? I'm curious because my Varminter upper is Very Heavy and kinda plain looking. I know fluting isnt gonna help the weight alot, but every little bit helps. Is there anywhere we can see some samples of the fluting you do?

be happy to flute, port or whatever... call anytime...

kill a monster with that 450 kenny, so we can make your face famous.

Yeah, kill the monster, I got the Barbeque Sauce..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Wicked Hunter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 am

I'm gonna have to skip bow season this year just so i can shoot a monster with the 450. I know if i go bow hunting he's gonna walk past me and im not gonna be able to pass him up. In Indiana we have a 1 buck rule. It will be going coyote hunting with me till then though. It's kinda overkill, but this time of year there hides are pretty useless anyway. Plus its a whole lot lighter than my Varminter.
Wicked Hunter

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Will sombody please unlock the cage and throw some food in WildCatter's bowl? If he doesn't eat right, it'll ruin his coat... :lol:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby tridentarmory » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:35 am

commander faschisto wrote:Will sombody please unlock the cage and throw some food in WildCatter's bowl? If he doesn't eat right, it'll ruin his coat... :lol:

you freggin weirdo... :D
tridentarmory

PreviousNext

Return to Market