SOLD

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

SOLD

Postby Wicked Hunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:11 am

SOLD

Group was shot with Hornady Factory ammo.

Kenny
Last edited by Wicked Hunter on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicked Hunter

Re: 450 Complete upper For Sale

Postby Wicked Hunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:55 pm

I forgot to mention the barrel is a 1 in 16" twist. It shoots the 250's and heavier bullets really well. I haven't tried anything lighter than 250gr bullets in it.
Wicked Hunter

Postby sparkomatic » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Wicked Hunter - Curious what lower you had it mounted on?? Also would you have any spent brass to go along with it?? Thanks for the info.

PS - I was the person who emailed you earlier inquiring if you still had it. I am also curious as to why you are selling it? Thanks agian.

sparkomatic
sparkomatic

Postby sparkomatic » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:15 am

Wicked Hunter - I emailed you earlier as I am interested in your upper. I am curious as to what lower you had it on as well as why you are selling it? Thanks.

Sparkomatic
sparkomatic

Postby Wicked Hunter » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:34 pm

I use the upper on my Rock River National Match Lower. Fits great, and you gotta love the R.R. match trigger. I'm only selling because i have 2 450 uppers and the 20" Bushmaster likes my reloads and lighter bullets a little better than the Trident. The trident loves the Hornady Factory ammo. It also likes anything 250grains or heavier. I hadn't planned on giving up any of my brass with it, but if you're interested i'm sure we could work something out.
Wicked Hunter

Postby Wicked Hunter » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:14 am

Still got it if anyone is interested.
Wicked Hunter

Re: SOLD

Postby Wicked Hunter » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Sold. Thanks to those who showed interest.
Wicked Hunter

Postby Hoot » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Wicked Hunter wrote:Sold. Thanks to those who showed interest.

glad you sold it. I was tempted but for the porting. assuming they go back 2 1/2 inches from the muzzle. That would equate to a 15 inch overall barrel length, as opposed to the muzzle being threaded and a brake screwed on. Then the entire 17 1/2 would count toward velocity. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to try a ported barrel, but in order to realize a 20 inch of barrel, it would have to be 22 1/2 overall. It's a matter of personal preference. The 1:16 twist should be no big deal, even with lighter, faster bullets as long as they are thick jacketed.

Congrats to the member who bought it. I like the heavy duty concept of Tridents approach. I'd like to see an upper based upon a cut down 300 WSM case that was necked down to 450. Olympic uses such a bolt and barrel extension system for their WSSM/OSSM calibers. It would be cool to pick one of them up and have the barrel chambered and bored out to .452. I believe Dtech already offers something close in a .458. Mike does some interesting designs based upon the Olympic large face bolt and barrel extension. My 300 OSSM was a monster at the range, kicking 150gr 30 caliber bullets up to 300 WM velocities in an AR 15 frame. With only an HBAR profiled barrel it was a handful. The Gunnut inspired recoil reducer, CCWS weighted bolt and Limbsaver made it much more manageable. Not at all like a 300 WM bolt action, or even my 300 WM BAR.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Wicked Hunter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:53 am

Unfortunetly the buyer is not a member here, he was a local freind. But I did tell him about the site and hes probably either lurking or may even join. As far as the ported barrel goes, it was alright but after using the Ross break on my 20" it just doesnt compare as far as recoil reduction goes. As for comparison to make the Trident feel like the Bushy I used a limbsaver slip-on recoil pad. I think Trident is working on what they call the "Triple Nickel" which i believe is a 300 ossm case cut off and a 50cal bullet.
Wicked Hunter

Postby Hoot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:29 am

Wicked Hunter wrote:...snip... I think Trident is working on what they call the "Triple Nickel" which i believe is a 300 ossm case cut off and a 50cal bullet.

The 300 OSSM case is based upon the 25 or 243 WSSM case necked up and the same as a 300 WSM case below the shoulder. I actually made a few from some 300 WSM cases I had, but it was too labor intensive, had a large fall-out rate and the neck still had to be reamed due to thickening. Necking the WSM case down from it's native 50 caliber to .450 would not be as great a leap, so I assumed Olympic or Trident would take that approach for greater strength. Maybe not...

Not to muddy up this thread, but here's Olympic's 500 OSSM design:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Market