!!Black Friday! Black Followers!

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: !!Black Friday! Black Followers!

Postby tbirdman74 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 pm

The wife said I got a little package in the mail today, I wonder who it could be from? Thanks again Hoot.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby Nosparks » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Received a little white box from the great white north today!!

Popped them into 2 20 round Brownells mags. Which now they hold six rounds of 450b! Got to add a spacer somewhere to make them hunting legal!!

Thanks Hoot!
Nosparks

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Nosparks wrote:Received a little white box from the great white north today!!

Popped them into 2 20 round Brownells mags. Which now they hold six rounds of 450b! Got to add a spacer somewhere to make them hunting legal!!

Thanks Hoot!

FYI.. I often use a loaded round between the floor plate and the spring, then if you ever did get in an emergency, you've got one more round or more to use..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Nosparks wrote:Received a little white box from the great white north today!!

Thanks Hoot!

FYI.. I often use a loaded round between the floor plate and the spring, then if you ever did get in an emergency, you've got one more round or more to use..

..t

That works, or if you already have 20 rounds with you in your day bag, you can just cut a piece off of a 1x3 and trim it to fit. For many years, I assumed MN had a 10 round limit, so when I hunted with my M14, G3 or FAL, I made wood limiters in the bottom. It wasn't until Siringo actually pointed out that no where in the MN big game rules was a magazine capacity limit mentioned. Boy, did I feel uninformed. :? Wood is only one material. I'm sure there are plenty of pieces of lightweight plastic to pick from as well.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Nosparks » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:26 pm

I plan on getting a piece of plastic to make my spacer out of. I don't care to put wood or any other kind of material that can absorb moisture, in any part related to a firearm. It's hard enough keeping things from rusting in this humid Florida environment. Plus hunting where I do, I'm sure just like all my other gear, they will see their fair share of swamp water!
Nosparks

Postby Hoot » Wed May 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Kind of backtracking due to the loss of the database.

If you have been waiting to get your followers, this is to let everyone know that we're down to the last bag of 50.

This would be a good time to order some before they're gone. Magazines will come back at reasonable prices, but not these.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby kbud » Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Got mine in today. Thanks again!
kbud

Postby Colohunter » Fri May 17, 2013 7:46 am

Colorado limits big game hunting capacity to 5 rounds. I made a plug out of a dowel covered in electrical tape for a couple 6.8 magazines. I posted a few pictures here: http://theblackrifle.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-convert-ar-15-magazine-for.html

For the 450 I have two factory five round magazines for hunting and bought some black followers for the range. I just need to modify some feed lips to get the converted mags to feed right.
Colohunter

Postby MudBug » Fri May 17, 2013 9:51 am

Arizona just lifted the 5 round limit so I'm GTG with whatever.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat May 18, 2013 12:11 am

MudBug wrote:Arizona just lifted the 5 round limit so I'm GTG with whatever.

Awesome! Another win!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Market