Looking for Followers

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Looking for Followers

Postby Gravy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 am

I bought some of the black followers earlier and now am in need of more. If anyone has any extras they want to sell please let me know.
G
Gravy

Re: Looking for Followers

Postby wildcatter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Gravy wrote:I bought some of the black followers earlier and now am in need of more. If anyone has any extras they want to sell please let me know.
G

I told you guys to stock up, when these are gone that's it.

That's the bad news.

Now for the Good news!!

I still have some, in my personal stash. Bushy gets $38.00 bucks for them, good luck on that one.

I will fill up a prepaid box and charge you or anyone else a now $18.00/per piece.

Buuttt, I don't have allot, so first come first served. PM me if you actually do want them and where else can you go to get a drop in unit that will take a standard mag and make it 450b compatible??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby SmittysGuns » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 pm

PM sent.
SmittysGuns

Postby ffastfzr » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:11 pm

HI, I'm new to the board as I am just starting my 450 bushmaster build. I was able to find a barrel at Franklin, and hopefully a bolt at Trident. Now I need mags. I've read some of the threads on the black followers. It looks like there was a group buy or something along those lines at some point, and now it looks like the black followers are about as rare as hen's teeth. I found this on bushmaster's website, are these what I should be looking for? Any help is greatly appreciated.
F1002044 Single-Shot Magazine Follower.
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=99
The price isn't great, but I'll do what I have to do in order to keep the soon-to-be new arrival fed properly.
thanks again.
ffastfzr

Postby MarkCO » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Those work okay, but you do loose a round. I have about 10 of them, but I am pretty sure I paid less than $5 each. I was also able to get some orange followers and mill out the middle to get them to work.

However, the group buy black followers were actual .450BM followers that replace a .223 follower in a metal magazine. In a GI body with a double wound mag spring, they are the bomb!

I am talking to my contacts at Brownells, they have some interest. I will be sure to let this campfire know first. :mrgreen:
MarkCO

Postby Nosparks » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:58 pm

I saw these when I was looking for followers, pre black follower sale.
http://www.sinclairintl.com/gun-parts-t ... 34112.aspx
They sit on top of an existing follower and are all aluminum. I was able to modify a bushy single stack to sit on the spring with out the aid of a follower underneath it. I am assuming you can do the same with this one. But at $17, I would look hard before I purchased any of them. As MarkCO stated the Orange Follower can be modified with a dremel to work as well. And there may be a few black followers floating around the electronic camp fire, probably cost you a few smores!
Nosparks

Postby Nosparks » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:42 pm

I just searched bushmaster 450 on Ebay, and this was the first item listed and its cheaper than the bushy web site
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magazine-Follow ... 2584ceebeb
Its the same blue follower that came with my factory mag. Yes my mag had a stack on follower, new in the box.

Bushmaster website link, half way down the page or more.
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=99
Nosparks

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:10 am

You might try using unmodified 223 mags. Many, myself included, have found that they work fine with the BM round and the original followers.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby MarkCO » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:46 am

The blue followers are actually Fulton Armory: http://www.fulton-armory.com/magazinefo ... astic.aspx
MarkCO

Postby ffastfzr » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks for all of the replies! I truly appreciate it.

I think I'll pick up a few of the blue followers just in case but also try my hand at milling out some standard followers, as well as just trying a straight up stock mag. I'm looking for feeding reliability as this build may be used as a bear defense gun for a hiking trip with my wife in Alaska that we're trying to put together. She'll be rocking an 870 with slugs. Between the two of us, I'm sure we'll be adequately protected as long as my AR doesn't jam. Additionally,I just finished my 4th Ar build. (an, unfortunately, ny compliant 5.56 for the wife) and the itch is already back for another. Since I live in the free people's republic of New York, building anything AR related is equivalent to giving the middle finger to our current emperor Andy Cuomo, and I enjoy doing that immensely.

Has anyone had any feeding issues with the blue followers? From my search of the forums here, I'm going to be looking for metal 20 round straight mags. Is there a particular brand I should look for specifically? Luckily my in-laws live in a free state so I'll be able to actually buy 20 rd mags next time I go and visit them.
ffastfzr

Next

Return to Market