WTB: lead free 450 complete cartridges

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

WTB: lead free 450 complete cartridges

Postby Th3DAN » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm in the process of acquiring the reloading supplies needed to load a lead-free round for my (and a couple buddies') 450s. In the meantime, we are scheduled to get out for a hog hunt and are located in a lead-free hunting zone. Can anyone spare some lead-free rounds? Will gladly pay. Let me know, it is much appreciated!

Daniel
Th3DAN

Re: WTB: lead free 450 complete cartridges

Postby BW460 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Good luck on your hog hunt. I don't know of any lead free commercial ammo for the 450b that is available. You might not get too many responses to your request. Beyond basic reloading thoughts about designing ammo for a specific gun, manufacturing ammo for sale without a federal license can get one in a big heap of trouble.
BW460

Postby BamBam » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:08 pm

450b Hog Hammers are lead free, but I do not know if they are even in production yet.

Midway has a listing for them but it just says "overdue" for status and I have yet to find any.

I love the projectiles they use in Hog Hammers, but they are not the same as what they sell for reloading. They open up at much lower velocities.

I have played with them in other calibers and I can't wait till they start selling those exact same projectiles for reloading.
Ted Nugent For President 2016

BamBam

Postby Th3DAN » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:46 am

I called about the hog hammers. They are not even planned or scheduled for production. The ads for them in 450b all over the Internet and ridiculously misleading. Even worse, Barnes doesn't even produce that projectile in 450B that Remington claims they are building the cartridge on. I'm hoping to find someone who has reloaded some for their own hunting use that I might be able to buy a few from until I assemble all of the reloading supplies to do it myself.
Th3DAN

Postby wildcatter » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Th3DAN wrote:I called about the hog hammers. They are not even planned or scheduled for production. The ads for them in 450b all over the Internet and ridiculously misleading. Even worse, Barnes doesn't even produce that projectile in 450B that Remington claims they are building the cartridge on. I'm hoping to find someone who has reloaded some for their own hunting use that I might be able to buy a few from until I assemble all of the reloading supplies to do it myself.

Yeah, they are still pondering about an introduction date. and Barnes does make the Bullets. It is the 275gr XPB (Cat # 45105).

So, there ya go, shoot'em until Remmy get's off their took-us..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Market