450 barrel

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 barrel

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:22 am

Thread size is not a big deal if you're ordering a Brake from Ross. Just be sure to specify the odd threads.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby bullnose » Tue May 05, 2015 8:33 pm

I ordered a brake from Ross, it should be here Thursday. I should have everything I need to put it together this weekend, provided Mother's day doesn't take over both days... :)
Never give the devil a ride, 'cuz pretty soon he'll want to drive.
bullnose

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:46 am

bullnose wrote:I ended up ordering one of the Brownell's 16" bull barrels last week. It should be here Friday. I've only found one place online that sells a 3/4-24 thread flash hider, and that's in a .45 bore. I'm not particularly interested in muzzle breaks at the moment...

any feed back on this barrel??
Al in Mi

Postby bullnose » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:39 pm

So far so good - I've got about 100 rounds down the barrel and accuracy has been decent, with some three shot groups touching at 100 yards. I came to the conclusion any accuracy issues I have at the moment are more of a problem with the rest/bags than the rifle. With the Ace skeleton stock I can't seem to get things adjusted at the rear consistently and hold the rifle dead still from shot to shot. I just got a set of Caldwell tactical bags for ARs and I am heading to the range in the next few days to see how I shoot off them.

As cycling goes, I've not had a single issue thus far with feeding, firing, or extraction. Like I said, so far so good.
bullnose

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Don't be too shy to scrutinize your scope mount/rings. But yes, a good rest is a must. And it's gotta be a rest that fits well with ARs.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:40 am

bullnose wrote:So far so good - I've got about 100 rounds down the barrel and accuracy has been decent, with some three shot groups touching at 100 yards. I came to the conclusion any accuracy issues I have at the moment are more of a problem with the rest/bags than the rifle. With the Ace skeleton stock I can't seem to get things adjusted at the rear consistently and hold the rifle dead still from shot to shot. I just got a set of Caldwell tactical bags for ARs and I am heading to the range in the next few days to see how I shoot off them.

As cycling goes, I've not had a single issue thus far with feeding, firing, or extraction. Like I said, so far so good.

does it seem nose/barrel heavy?
Al in Mi

Postby bullnose » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:16 pm

Al in Mi wrote:vdoes it seem nose/barrel heavy?

Not really - maybe a touch, but nothing extreme.
bullnose

Postby BayShoreBallistics » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:51 am

Now that you have had it for a while, how do you like this barrel?
Liberty and Freedom for All!(Some restrictions apply, must be over 18 and not available in all states)
BayShoreBallistics

Postby bullnose » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm sold on it - now that I have my rest issues addressed, 5 shot groups tend to be one ragged hole with the hornady factory ammo, provided I do my part. The only drawback is the odd thread size limits you to a custom brake. Luckily I've been happy with the Ross brake and it didn't break the bank. You'll have to look far and wide for flash hider if that's your preference.
bullnose

Postby BayShoreBallistics » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:19 pm

That is great to hear. Now I will have to try it out as well. I think I can deal with the odd size of threads for muzzle attachments as long as the barrel is a performer. Thanks for the review.
Liberty and Freedom for All!(Some restrictions apply, must be over 18 and not available in all states)
BayShoreBallistics

Previous

Return to Market