ISO once fired 450 brass

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

ISO once fired 450 brass

Postby jason » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:02 am

As the title states, I am looking for some once fired hornady brass. Willing send cash or PayPal.I am we can strike a deal. Please reply if you have some you are willing to part with.

Thanks
jason

Re: ISO once fired 450 brass

Postby Hoot » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:26 am

When Hornady says "seasonal production" they aren't kidding. I checked my trap line and there is zero new brass available. I looked to establish a baseline for how much you could expect to pay for 1-fired as it tracks availability and new price. Last time I bought some, it was like $46.99 per 50. I see Hornady 86935 MSRP is now $61.81! I suspect the days of $.25 per 1-fired case is, like so many other used-to-be prices, long gone. Good luck getting some. It is a caliber that can benefit greatly from reloading. Makes my measly 36 new cases and quart peanut butter jar of 1-fired cases look like precious metals. Slickguns is a good place to check for list of who might have some new. Of course, if you catch a sale, its not a bad idea to load up on actual 250gr ammo, if not for any other reason than to get some reloading brass stock.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Yes, when you factor in that each round of 450 BM ammo contains one brass case suitable for reloading, it really doesn't make any sense to buy just the brass, especially when the price is approaching $1 per case. According to ammoseek, prices for cartridges start at about $1.25 per round - http://ammoseek.com/ammo/450-bushmaster.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby jason » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:35 pm

Thanks for the reply fellas. I have been saving it for quite a while. Was just wondering if anyone was trying to part with some.
jason

Return to Market