FNG in need of 2 Black Followers

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: FNG in need of 2 Black Followers

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 am

m113103 wrote:I had a stock 556 stoner mag and found on u-tube someone that used a 1/2 " sanding drum on a dremel. He sanded a grove straight down the middle. Tried it on a mag and it works well for the 450 but ruined it for the 556. The only problem for me is it now is a 9 rounder. Have to crimp the mag capacity somehow. :P :P :P :D

back in the olden days we did things similar to that to get away from the high priced BM mags. Filled bottom of follower with JB Weld, then run a 1/2" ball nose end mill thru the top. Probably some pics archived someplace on it.

pop rivet on the front or back of the mag at a given place will limit your mag capacity. The Stoners Midway was clearing out on the cheap were 20rd bodies with dimples to limit it to 5rd.
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:23 am

m113103 wrote:I had a stock 556 stoner mag and found on u-tube someone that used a 1/2 " sanding drum on a dremel. He sanded a grove straight down the middle. Tried it on a mag and it works well for the 450 but ruined it for the 556. The only problem for me is it now is a 9 rounder. Have to crimp the mag capacity somehow. :P :P :P :D

Make a plug and put it in the mag. But..... What's wrong with 9 rounds?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:17 am

DNR limits 6 in semi auto's for hunting here in Mi
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Something you can do is what I did when I deer hunted a couple of seasons with my G3. Take some spare cartridges and wrap some electrical tape around several side-by-side. Use as many as this takes to reach the limitation you need. Remove the mag floorplate and stuff the spares up under the bottom of the spring. While holding them in place, slide the floorplate back on. Now you have a restricted capacity magazine and a few spare rounds stashed in it, should you need them. Otherwise cut a piece of scrap wood rectangle and stuff that up inside instead. You could also put some spare watch batteries in a Tic Tac box if you use an electronic sight, even one of those mini-sized, disposable butane lighters you see at the checkout counter. Your imagination is the limit here...

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to Market