Savage muzzle loader for sale

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Savage muzzle loader for sale

Postby Jeepejeep » Sun May 22, 2016 8:45 am

I have a Savage model 10ML-II 50 caliber muzzle loader I want to sell. It's in great condition, only fired about 10 times. It's stainless with a camo., synthetic stock, bolt action. Uses shotgun primers. It comes with some powder pellets, bullets and wrench. I can't figure out how to attach pictures here so if you want them shoot me an e-mail at jeepejeep@yahoo.com. I'm asking $350 for it. Thanks for your interest!
Jim
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Re: Savage muzzle loader for sale

Postby Cutright » Mon May 23, 2016 8:00 am

I'll take it
Cutright

Postby Al in Mi » Mon May 23, 2016 9:36 am

good score there
Al in Mi

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon May 23, 2016 12:21 pm

It's been sold. Thanks for your interest and quick responses!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Cutright » Mon May 23, 2016 7:08 pm

It's hard to find good buys on firearms since face book closed down gun sales. I was just starting to have fun!
Cutright

Postby Jeepejeep » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Well the deal is done and I finally got the rifle shipped to the new, lucky owner. You would never believe the idiocy I received from the local post office! The nice lady behind the counter was wide eyed when I told her I wanted to mail a firearm. She actually said "You want to mail fire????!!!??" I kid you not!! I said, "No a firearm. A rifle." She told me that was illegal. I told her it is not. She then pointed to a poster showing banned items one of which said fireworks. She pointed to that and said "See?" I told her she had no idea what she was talking about and asked for a supervisor. She returned and said the supervisor told her it has to be sent by registered mail and I needed a "special permit". I knew this was complete BS but I asked what kind of permit? She mumbled a bit then said a permit to mail the gun. I asked where I get this permit and she said that was up to me to figure that out. The stupid was starting to get to me so I just told her that both she and her supervisor had no clue about what they were saying and I left. By the way, to be sure I sent it to a FFL dealer, not to the the individual who bought the gun.
I went to UPS and I was out in about 5 minutes. No muss, no fuss and the rifle was delivered in a few days.
Sorry for the long post but I thought you might get a kick out of the dopes at the PO and you might be better off using UPS if you need to ship a gun.
Jeepejeep

Postby m113103 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:56 pm

To deal with the post office you have to have a FFL. It has to go from a FFL to another FFL. If you have the license then you know what to do. You are lucky they didn't take it because the postmaster could have inspected it and not finding the proper paperwork disposed of it. :P :P :D
m113103

Postby Jeepejeep » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:06 pm

You are wrong. within the same state you can mail any long arm from person to person. Interstate it can be from individual to FFL. That is what I did.
Here is the info from USPS:
(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U. S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. A nonlicensee may not transfer any firearm to a nonlicensed resident of another state. The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]
Jeepejeep

Postby m113103 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:46 pm

I was just relaying what my FFL told me when I sold my gun thru Gun Broker. :P
m113103

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:14 am

Muzzleloaders won't need to go thru a FFL unless they are built on a centerfire action.
Al in Mi

Next

Return to Market