450 for sale

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 for sale

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Hey, I am a city-guy and have never hunted pigs (or anything else for that matter), but now that I have a 450b, I am eager to give it a try. Anyone looking for a pig-hunting partner - as I am retired, I am always available.

If not, does anyone have any suggestions for a ranch in the vicinity of Houston (OK, were in Texas, so that is a circle about 600 miles in diameter) that does hog hunting on a commercial scale? Have 450b, will travel.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby BClark » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:Hey, I am a city-guy and have never hunted pigs (or anything else for that matter), but now that I have a 450b, I am eager to give it a try. Anyone looking for a pig-hunting partner - as I am retired, I am always available.

If not, does anyone have any suggestions for a ranch in the vicinity of Houston (OK, were in Texas, so that is a circle about 600 miles in diameter) that does hog hunting on a commercial scale? Have 450b, will travel.

Hi Jim, i was born in Houston. There are tons of places to hunt around there. Go to Texas Parks and Wildlife online and they have a section of leases available there you can find a reasonable place to hunt. Or find a farm out near Katy " addicks dam" near the duck capital of Texas and you can find a land owner that will probably let you hunt pigs for free. They destroy all the rice fields there. That is the money crop for ducks and agriculture.
BClark

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:17 pm

BClark - Thanks for the advice, I am on it!
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby talonxracer » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:45 pm

BTW Bradley it is the 16" version, I prefer the shorter barrel for several reasons, the 16" is fantastic in the brush, shoots as accurately as the 20", doesnt have the second gas block for less weight. Besides the midlength handguard with a 16" barrel just looks and feels right on the AR IMHO.
talonxracer

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 pm

BClark wrote:
Jim in Houston wrote:Hey, I am a city-guy and have never hunted pigs (or anything else for that matter), but now that I have a 450b, I am eager to give it a try. Anyone looking for a pig-hunting partner - as I am retired, I am always available.

Hi Jim, i was born in Houston. There are tons of places to hunt around there. Go to Texas Parks and Wildlife online and they have a section of leases available there you can find a reasonable place to hunt. Or find a farm out near Katy " addicks dam" near the duck capital of Texas and you can find a land owner that will probably let you hunt pigs for free. They destroy all the rice fields there. That is the money crop for ducks and agriculture.

Out in Dewitt County, near Yorktown, there are some very good places to hunt hogs. And the hogs are EVERYWHERE.
The Rio Grande Turkey Hunting cannot be beat outside of Dewitt County.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BClark » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Hey guys finally got my hands on my new 450 B (ad to the bone pig aeratin thumper) :D Great thanks to Talonxracer for the opportunity to join the brotherhood of Big Bore (no pun here) monster wackers. This rifle is exactly as he declared in his offering. All my buddies are ready to get in line for their very own. This rifle made a trip from the catskil mountains all the way to Texas right out of the box dead zero at 100 yards. I am thoroughly impressed. Just orderd 200 rounds from Cheaper Than Dirt and was delivered friday morning. I was wackin pigs at 5pm. One shot kill and didnt even need to gut and skin it. :lol: That 250 Hornady is awesome.
BClark

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:10 am

Welcome to the addiction... Uh, I mean brotherhood!
Post pics!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby talonxracer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:38 pm

I am glad that you like the weapon, she is a blood thirsty killer, LOL

But as I said she is a tad too much for deer harvesting, but spot on for bear and pig.

And as you seen she is a silky smooth operator, the trick is proper hand lapping for the break-in(and quality parts).

It is great to hear that she is continuing her fine history of dropping critters in their tracks.

What is even better is that the fall/winter pinestraw camo pattern works perfectly down there in Texas as well as the mtn's of NY !
talonxracer

Previous

Return to Market