Sold - Trident Armory .450 Bushmaster Barrel

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Sold - Trident Armory .450 Bushmaster Barrel

Postby 99avant » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:37 am

I messed up trying to remove the pinned muzzle device from the end of this barrel. :oops: :cry: :roll:

My loss can be your gain if you want to put some work into it. Maybe cut it shorter for a SBR or Pistol.

14.5" Trident Armory .450 barrel - 11/16 24" threads that are obviously torn up.
Carbine length gas. I'll include the gas block (.936" Syrac GenII adjustable)

My asking price is $125 shipped.

Last edited by 99avant on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
99avant

Re: Trident Armory .450 Bushmaster Barrel - Gunsmith Special

Postby plant_one » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:54 am

what twist barrel is this?
plant_one

Re: Trident Armory .450 Bushmaster Barrel - Gunsmith Special

Postby 99avant » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:26 am

plant_one wrote:what twist barrel is this?

1:16 twist

Trident said this when I inquired:
"We run a 1:16 twist rate as we've found that works best with 250gr and higher projectiles, which is your standard off-the-shelf ammunition."
99avant

Re: Sale Pending - Trident Armory .450 Bushmaster Barrel

Postby 99avant » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:30 am

Sale pending to plant_one
99avant

Postby plant_one » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:34 am

after firing my 20" upper on the pistol lower this weekend, i got a sick urge to chop it to 13" and build a pistol upper with it :X

it actually was fairly mild with the 250ftx. not even close to corking myself with the scope :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and after seeing the FPS results in that other post with the barrel chop - which i cant find anymore for some reason - it sold me that its totally doable with minimal velocity loss.
plant_one

Postby Chris P Bacon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:27 pm

plant_one wrote:and after seeing the FPS results in that other post with the barrel chop - which i cant find anymore for some reason - it sold me that its totally doable with minimal velocity loss.

I believe the link below is the one you are referencing.

http://450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15044
by Al in Mi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:30 pm
Barrel length and velocity test from MGM
Chris P Bacon

Re: Sold - Trident Armory .450 Bushmaster Barrel

Postby plant_one » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 pm

thats the one - Al already PM'ed me the link to it, thankfully :)

and i was smart enough to bookmark it this time :oops:

trident is gonna do the cut/thread for me.

even though its a bit more than i usually pay for that service through adco, the fact that they will headspace a bolt to that barrel for me more than makes up for the extra few $ of the cut/thread service difference. i'll need a bolt for it anyway so meh.
plant_one

Postby Chris P Bacon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Considering how all of this came about, it's going to be a very cool lil project gun.

I for one am interested in seeing the finished results, with range reports. But not only that, would also be nice to see your progress as you go if you don't mind sharing, perhaps a new post?

Been reading this site for what seems like almost since the beginning (but didn't join in till just here recently). I don't remember ever reading about anyone doing exactly what you are doing now. So yea, please share as much detail as you care to, and God forbid, if any issues arise, how you overcame them.
Chris P Bacon

Postby plant_one » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:27 am

franklin has a 11.5" version of what i'm doing, its part of their XO-26 "firearm" line they sell (they also sell it w/o the VFG as a pistol upper). They also have a 7.5" barrel they sell, although in talking to those guys... that was pretty much a "we did it because we wanted to say it could be done" type of barrel/upper project.

i spoke with them on the phone a couple days ago about both of them and they said the 7.5" isnt practical, the velocity loss is too much and lessens the effective range of the caliber to basically a range toy or for QCB type ranges.

since they'd pulled it off i wanted to pick their bran to see if there was a way i could build this thing and keep it as a pistol and not a 'firearm' by staying under 26" but that just doesnt not appear to be practical. It would have essentially required me to cut it at the gas port and then have a new port drilled at the pistol gas length, which there's room to do.

i'm going to stay at the 13" i originally considered to keep the velocity up to make use of the velocity range that this round (and the bullets common to the caliber) seems to do well with. However i'm going to not put the VFG on it like the XO-26 has, and just stay with a magpul AFG like i have on my blackout upper.
plant_one

Postby plant_one » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:28 am

but yes i'll happily start a project build thread when i get into it :)
plant_one

Next

Return to Market