Bear Creek Arsenal

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Bear Creek Arsenal

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:02 am

I'm not in the market for another 450b rig but I saw this posted in another forum and didn't realize that you could get complete side charging 16" 450b uppers for as low as $259! 18" for $269!

Boy, times sure have changed.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Bear Creek Arsenal

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:11 am

I can’t even afford to drive to work right now. Much less buy a new gun. My truck just got out of the shop and cost me $6K Boy, when it rains it pours.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:14 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I can’t even afford to drive to work right now. Much less buy a new gun. My truck just got out of the shop and cost me $6K Boy, when it rains it pours.

I here you. My wife retires on August 5th. Tight times are just around the corner. We've been keeping her 2009 Nissan Murano alive by any means possible = $$$

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:27 pm

Hoot wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I can’t even afford to drive to work right now. Much less buy a new gun. My truck just got out of the shop and cost me $6K Boy, when it rains it pours.

I here you. My wife retires on August 5th. Tight times are just around the corner. We've been keeping her 2009 Nissan Murano alive by any means possible = $$$

Hoot

The way I see it right now, I would rather pay off $6K than deal with a new truck note for 6 years.
Besides. It’s 2500 Dodge Ram with the Cummins diesel so that engine will probably outlast me if I
Continue to take care of it.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby s4s4u » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:46 pm

50/50 chance of it actually running. BCA is a QC crapshoot. I will sooner pick my own parts and put it together, even if (and it will) cost a bit more.
s4s4u

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:32 pm

s4s4u wrote:50/50 chance of it actually running. BCA is a QC crapshoot. I will sooner pick my own parts and put it together, even if (and it will) cost a bit more.

BE37C056-9A3F-4295-B68D-C5CD40194249.jpeg
BE37C056-9A3F-4295-B68D-C5CD40194249.jpeg (96.43 KiB) Viewed 11393 times
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:29 am

yikes. but like others have said - its still cheaper than a car payment, and good luck finding anything of decent used quality for that price in the current market - sadly.

i picked up a MPG special a month ago, and its been a competition of parts jealousy between it and my silverado since i've gotten it. thankfully nothing major - but its been a few hundred almost every damn week. :roll:

last night the Electric Fan on the Sonic sh!t the bed on me in traffic across town. 3.5 hr wait for a towtruck.
couple weeks ago it was the water pump on the silverado. then the alternater on the sonic. between the two - including buying the sonic - i've spent close to $6k on vehicle stuff in the last 5 weeks. and the silverado still needs about another grand thrown at it (coilover rebuild on the front, and 2 new tires) thankfully those are when i get to them things not leaving me stranded stuff...

thankfully now that the sonic is road worthy again, i can get back to paying for it with the gas savings (33mpg vs 15½ mpg) and stress a little less about fuel costs with al the driving i do.
plant_one

Postby Cutright » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:16 pm

I do not have any firsthand experience with Bear Creek Arsenal, however I have heard good things about their products and company
Cutright

Postby plant_one » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:48 am

Cutright wrote:I do not have any firsthand experience with Bear Creek Arsenal, however I have heard good things about their products and company

we have a bunch of bca stuff in the family/friends group. their pricing is just too good to not take the risk.

yes sometimes they let duds thru the QC, but we have yet to not get a response and a repair completed by them. all it takes is an email (they're not even attempoting to answer the phone, and havent for several years now, its just a voicemail to tell you to submit a digital contact to them.
plant_one

Postby Smithjdsr » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:52 pm

Also not in the market for anything not already owned. But I do have a couple BCA barrels and mine are very good.
John

“Remember; No matter where you go, there you are.” -Buckaroo Banzai
Smithjdsr

Return to Market