Recoil and What to do about it!

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Recoil and What to do about it!

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:54 pm

jerdebson wrote:We are looking at a J&H Noonan Recoil-Less A1 stock with the Limbsaver buttpad. I believe I read where Gunny said that setup weighed the same as an A2 stock and is the same length. We might wait on a reducer to see if needed. I have been in contact with Ross about a couple of his brakes too. I don't mind doing what is needed, but no more. Time will tell what goes on our 450Bs.

Tell him you want the Sheepdawgs' A1 style stock and module. Ninety-nine pound, feather weight teenagers shoot mine and have never complained about recoil, even with my reloads. (Gunny's recipe too, i might add). :o
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby jerdebson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:07 pm

TSD, I got 500 rds of 230 FMJ FP bullets and 100 rds 450B brass in the mail today. I may need to wait for a sale on loaded rounds and dies again. The wife thinks her getting a pay cut and probably laid off the first of the year, job closing down, should slow me down some. Mighty closed minded if you ask me. :lol:

I can use an A2 stock until then. We are getting closer every day to be up and running.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby jerdebson » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:55 am

TSD, I ordered two A1 stocks and Limbsaver pads from Gunny Friday. I also ordered two brakes from Ross Thursday. We will order reducers at a later time.

One more step completed and closer to up and running.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hoot » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:15 pm

jerdebson wrote:TSD, I ordered two A1 stocks and Limbsaver pads from Gunny Friday. I also ordered two brakes from Ross Thursday. We will order reducers at a later time.

Don't forget the plumber's tape, if that's not something you already have around the house.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby jerdebson » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Hoot wrote:
jerdebson wrote:TSD, I ordered two A1 stocks and Limbsaver pads from Gunny Friday. I also ordered two brakes from Ross Thursday. We will order reducers at a later time.

Don't forget the plumber's tape, if that's not something you already have around the house.

Hoot

Hoot, if you are refering to the white teflon tape yes I have several rolls in different places. Like you I have more than one of most everything, for the same reasons. ;)
Jerry

Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby wildcatter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Hoot wrote:

Hoot

Hey Hootster,

I'm intrigued by the use of that tape.

What happens if I get it too hot??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 am

wildcatter wrote:Hey Hootster,
..t

I can't say as I've never gotten my barrel up to 648 deg F, which the MSDS for it says that it melts at.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:47 am

Hoot wrote:
..t

I can't say as I've never gotten my barrel up to 648 deg F, which the MSDS for it says that it melts at.

Hoot

:lol:
Let WC know when you get to 500 degrees, he's got some Bratwursts that he wants to broil.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
Hoot wrote:
..t

Hoot

:lol:
Let WC know when you get to 500 degrees, he's got some Bratwursts that he wants to broil.

If I recall correctly, plumber's tape is teflon...like, the coating on cooking pans...
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:46 am

wildcatter wrote:
Hoot wrote:

Hoot

Hey Hootster,

..t

I shot five rounds out of mine and stuck a IR thermometer on the brake.
110.6 Degrees.

Last bumped by Texas Sheepdawg on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:46 am.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to Market