Recoil and What to do about it!

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Recoil and What to do about it!

Postby gunnut » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Recoil and what to do about it?

I've enjoyed shooting and loading for the 450 Bushmaster for awhile now. The recoil was always an issue. After doing some extensive research and development I have come up with a solution! I call it the "A2 Reducer"(Patent Pending) It is a standard A2 butt stock modified to accept 2 of any 7/8" recoil reducer commonly used in shot guns and will work on any AR style rifle with the standard A2 butt stock. It is extremely effective because of two things. The first is weight. Weight is great when it comes to recoil. The A2 Reducer stock alone weighs19.2oz. 7.4 ozs more then a standard A2 stock. The second reason is the reactive weight added by the recoil reduces which is about 11.6 ozs The total weight is about 31.5 ozs with the 2 recoil reducers properly installed. I have tested several recoil reducers using an accelerometer and found a combination that shows a reduction in initial recoil from 24Gs to about16Gs and the recoil time is extended from .05 sec. to about .1 sec. creating more of a push than a sudden shock. Other advantages of the A2 Reducer are balance and a quick follow up shot as well as more enjoyable shooting at the range.
I am offering this first to members of 450Bushmaster.net at a reduced price. With or without the recoil reducers installed. If interested please P.M. me here. Thank You. Image Image Image
Last edited by gunnut on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.
gunnut

Re: Recoil and What to do about it!

Postby BD1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Looks like a good idea. What's holding the recoil reducers in place?
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby MudBug » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Ah, this is what you were talking about. Very cool stuff.

Do you know if it will fit in an A1?
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby gunnut » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:24 pm

The butt stock is cast with high impact polymers with (2) 7/8" x 5" cavities. They are a very tight fit. shoved all the way forward and held in place with 2 rubber gromet compressed by the trap door.
Last edited by gunnut on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunnut

Postby gunnut » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm not sure if the A1 and A2 stocks will interchange. This is a modified A2 stock.
gunnut

Postby MudBug » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:00 pm

gunnut wrote:The butt stock is cast with high impact polymers with (2) 7/8" x 5" cavities. They are a very tight fit. shoved all the way forward and held in place with 2 rubber gromet compressed by the trap door.

Oh, so this isn't a modified stock, it's purpose designed and built?
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby gunnut » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:10 pm

It is designed for 1 purpose. To hold recoil reducers in place.
The exterior is the same. The interior has been changed to accept (2) of any 7/8" x 5" or less recoil reducers. There are several on the market. There are other reducers with 3/4" and 1" Dia. But, They don't fit the purpose very well.
gunnut

Postby BD1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:34 am

Now, if that stock would accept a quality permanent recoil pad, we'd be all set.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby gunnut » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 pm

MudBug wrote:Ah, this is what you were talking about. Very cool stuff.

Do you know if it will fit in an A1?

The A1 and A2 stocks do interchange! You will need the spacer to use the A2.
gunnut

Postby MudBug » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Wow, that x-ray is cool!
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Next

Return to Market