Recoil and What to do about it!

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Recoil and What to do about it!

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:45 pm

RE. The reducer and it's mission was designed by Gunny. You would have to direct that question to him. I didn't request anything special.
As for brass, try Natchez Supply. They have sales. MidwayUSA sometimes puts it on sale too.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby B swift » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Recoil? :?: :roll: What's that? :idea:

I love the "thump" :!:
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby jerdebson » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:56 am

Guys, I need to verify that all A1 & A2 stocks are mil. Spec. (not commercial). We are building two 450B lowers and using Gunnys modified A1 stock. We are also finishing up two 5.56 lowers that will have A2 stocks. My CRS is acting up and I need to verify this, so I can complete an order. TIA
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hoot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:17 pm

jerdebson wrote:Guys, I need to verify that all A1 & A2 stocks are mil. Spec. (not commercial). We are building two 450B lowers and using Gunnys modified A1 stock. We are also finishing up two 5.56 lowers that will have A2 stocks. My CRS is acting up and I need to verify this, so I can complete an order. TIA

I believe Gunny uses Cavarms A1 stocks, not mil spec. I'll let him wade in though.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gunnut » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:46 pm

Hoot wrote:
jerdebson wrote:Guys, I need to verify that all A1 & A2 stocks are mil. Spec. (not commercial). We are building two 450B lowers and using Gunnys modified A1 stock. We are also finishing up two 5.56 lowers that will have A2 stocks. My CRS is acting up and I need to verify this, so I can complete an order. TIA

I believe Gunny uses Cavarms A1 stocks, not mil spec. I'll let him wade in though.

Hoot

Correct, The Cavarms A1 stock I'm using is not mil spec. It's the only A1 stock available that I know of.
It is much stronger after being modified.
gunnut

Postby jerdebson » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 pm

gunnut wrote:
Hoot wrote:

Hoot

Correct, The Cavarms A1 stock I'm using is not mil spec. It's the only A1 stock available that I know of.
It is much stronger after being modified.

Thanks guys, I guess I will order 2 commercial rifle tubes for Gunnys A1 stocks on the 450Bs and 2 milspec rifle tubes for the A2 stocks on the 5.56s. If this isn't right chime right in here. Thanks
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hoot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm

I never realized the tolerances on the molded plastic stocks were that tight so as to be impacted by the difference between commercial vs milspec variations in buffer tubes. I've read it matters with collapsible carbine stocks, just never knew it mattered with fixed ones as well. What Gunny said about the recoil reduction making them stronger is correct. Much more solid than their normal hollow and some foam state.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby jerdebson » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Hoot wrote:I never realized the tolerances on the molded plastic stocks were that tight so as to be impacted by the difference between commercial vs milspec variations in buffer tubes. I've read it matters with collapsible carbine stocks, just never knew it mattered with fixed ones as well. What Gunny said about the recoil reduction making them stronger is correct. Much more solid than their normal hollow and some foam state.

Hoot

Hoot, I didn't know there was a difference in rifle tubes, diameter wise, either. I knew about the A2 adapter for length but not diameter. I emailed my supplier asking for two of each if there was a difference, if not four of what they had. With my luck I did that wrong too. I'm supposed to call Scott again tomorrow to check on the 20" uppers, it's not looking good there. I may have to go with another supplier.
Jerry

Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hoot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:58 pm

jerdebson wrote:...snip...
Hoot, I didn't know there was a difference in rifle tubes, diameter wise, either. I knew about the A2 adapter for length but not diameter. I emailed my supplier asking for two of each if there was a difference, if not four of what they had. With my luck I did that wrong too. I'm supposed to call Scott again tomorrow to check on the 20" uppers, it's not looking good there. I may have to go with another supplier.

Cav Arms C1 or whomever's A1 style stock that is OEM'd by Cav Arms, such as Fulton's, are said to work with both types of receiver extensions. I have two of them and they are a tad loose on the commercial receiver extension.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby jerdebson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:42 am

We are looking at a J&H Noonan Recoil-Less A1 stock with the Limbsaver buttpad. I believe I read where Gunny said that setup weighed the same as an A2 stock and is the same length. We might wait on a reducer to see if needed. I have been in contact with Ross about a couple of his brakes too. I don't mind doing what is needed, but no more. Time will tell what goes on our 450Bs.
Jerry

Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

PreviousNext

Return to Market