Hardwood cartridge block

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Hardwood cartridge block

Postby Stealthshooter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:01 pm

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in these and how much they would be worth?

Stealthshooter

Re: Hardwood cartridge block

Postby Hoot » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:08 pm

The local reloading shop sells Stalwart reloading blocks for $9.95, so that's a starting point. They're very consistent and have a finger groove around the outside. That's a nice touch when you have case lube on your hands. I don't think theirs are stained or varnished though.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby FirstNation » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:33 am

Just my opinion, the holes look a bit shallow for me. When dumping the powder into a case, it's easy to be bumping into the cases on either side of it and knocking them over.
FirstNation

Postby Stealthshooter » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:18 am

FirstNation wrote:Just my opinion, the holes look a bit shallow for me. When dumping the powder into a case, it's easy to be bumping into the cases on either side of it and knocking them over.

They are drilled the same depth as my RCBS block.
Stealthshooter

Postby FirstNation » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 am

Okay. I've got several of the green plastic RCBS blocks, I only use them when reloading handgun cartridges for the same reason. For my purposes I purchased a pair of wood blocks that are around an inch deep for my rifle cartridge reloading off the net several years ago. They fit all the way up to my .577 Snider cartridges. I doused them good inside and out with tung oil so they would always stay looking brand new. I just wash them with soap and water when they need it. The blocks you have there look great and very well made. I prefer wood to plastic any day. I'd probably not charge less than $15 apiece for them. I'd buy two.
FirstNation

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:57 pm

I love the wood Stawart Blocks. Ive have one 38/357 Stalwart block since 1985. The shallow blocks are for short cases and the deeper ones are for long cases. That one in the picture looks nice. Oak? I have two RCBS blocks and I hate them. They spill all the time. I have a Cabelas block with a clear plastic cover that I use for the 450B and it's okay.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Stealthshooter » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:35 pm

The one in the picture is made from some local mountain mahogany. It's probably my favorite wood of all time. Would $20+shipping be too much for them?
Stealthshooter

Return to Market