Muzzle brakes for sale

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Muzzle brakes for sale

Postby jerdebson » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks Hoot, I'll look into that.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hawk600 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:42 am

I'm new here and new to the .450BM.....saw a deal of a .450BM upper with 62 rounds through her and 17 boxes of Hornady ammo for $500 :D ....that's all I needed to get me to jump into the big bore world. I was led here from another forum and want to buy a Ross brake. My question is I tried calling a phone number I found on what I believe is his site but it just rang....no machine to leave a message. I also emailed...is this the best way to contact him?

Thanks and glad to be on board!!
Hawk600

Postby Hoot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Hawk600 wrote:I'm new here and new to the .450BM.....saw a deal of a .450BM upper with 62 rounds through her and 17 boxes of Hornady ammo for $500 :D ....that's all I needed to get me to jump into the big bore world. I was led here from another forum and want to buy a Ross brake. My question is I tried calling a phone number I found on what I believe is his site but it just rang....no machine to leave a message. I also emailed...is this the best way to contact him?

Thanks and glad to be on board!!

I've always just emailed Ross. He's a one man band, so it might take a day or two to get a reply.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Hawk600 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Kind of funny....before my last post was approved to be posted....Ross replied to my email, I ordered and paid, and Ross replied saying it was shipped....Now thats service!!
Hawk600

Postby gunnuttwo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I am getting around to ordering a pair of brakes from Ross, one for my 450 bushy and the other for my lr 308. He has them in three different sizes, in .813---1" and 1.250. I was wondering if there is a difference in the three sizes as far as braking, noise, weight or anything else involved that I hadn't thought of? I didn't think of this when I was emailing Ross so thought I would throw it out to see what thoughts there are on this.
gunnuttwo

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Your weight is going to be the main factor. But Hoot might be able to enlighten you a bit. I'm sure Ross knows what size to use for a specific caliber.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby gunnuttwo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Your weight is going to be the main factor. But Hoot might be able to enlighten you a bit. I'm sure Ross knows what size to use for a specific caliber.

Thanks for the info. Ross and I have everything figured out as far as the barrel threads, etc. I was wondering whether the the small amount of weight would be noticeable and maybe even a little advantageous because weight counteracts recoil. One of the main things I was thinking about is if the larger size would have any effect on the braking action with the gasses, we are talking about .437 difference in size from the largest to the smallest. I always prefer the shortest, smallest that gets the job done and would prefer the .813 size. But if the larger size would work better, I will go with it.
gunnuttwo

Postby Hoot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 pm

gunnuttwo wrote:
Thanks for the info. Ross and I have everything figured out as far as the barrel threads, etc. I was wondering whether the the small amount of weight would be noticeable and maybe even a little advantageous because weight counteracts recoil. One of the main things I was thinking about is if the larger size would have any effect on the braking action with the gasses, we are talking about .437 difference in size from the largest to the smallest. I always prefer the shortest, smallest that gets the job done and would prefer the .813 size. But if the larger size would work better, I will go with it.

The only accurate answer would be to have gunnutone graph each of them. I have the 1 inch on my 450b and I have the .813 on my LAR-8 Predator HP. It does double duty on my 6.5 Grendel, depending upon which I'm in the mood to shoot. I have not tried the other two sizes on my 450b, so I can't say which would be the best compromise. I suspect the biggest would provide more reduction than the smaller ones due to having bigger gills, but of all the places to have more weight, the muzzle would be my last choice, but that's just my opinion.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gunnuttwo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:53 pm

I just talked to Ross a little while ago and he recommended the one inch on both guns so I went ahead and ordered them. Thanks everyone for the input. jim
gunnuttwo

Postby martin0450 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:30 pm

martin0450

PreviousNext

Return to Market