Muzzle brakes for sale

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Muzzle brakes for sale

Postby BarracudaBob » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Ross,

Great product at a great price. I'll take one for my 16" thumper. Would there be any disadvantage to treating it was a dark KG GUN-KOTE? Obvisouly not on the threads. I like to keep the evil dark hunting rifle look. It makes all the old timers with there wood bolt action shake there head. :roll:
BarracudaBob

Postby Hoot » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:37 pm

BarracudaBob wrote:...snip...It makes all the old timers with there wood bolt action shake there head. :roll:

Have you seen that wood equipped AR in the March edition of Shooting Times? I'm a big wood fan and drool uncontrollably whenever I see that picture. 8-)
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BarracudaBob » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:07 pm

I did see the wood AR. Very nice. My father in law rolls his eyes when I bring the black gun to the forest. I almost did some camo to it. Still can't quite make up my mind yet. I think I'll have to get another one and keep one black. That will solve the controversy.

I broke out the caliper and took some measurements on the barrel. I stopped short on taking the Issy break off.

I am interested in one of Ross's breaks but not 100% on the specks to tell him:

1" in Stainless tapered to .800" :?
Barrel is 0.740" OD (I measured below break :D)
Crush washer is 0.820 OD (I measured :D) (P# 12991533B ?)
Threads 11/16 x 24
Exit whole .452+.020 = .472, as tight as you can and be safe? :?
BarracudaBob

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:21 am

Hoot wrote:Have you seen that wood equipped AR in the March edition of Shooting Times? I'm a big wood fan and drool uncontrollably whenever I see that picture. 8-)
Hoot

Link http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWDAR15.html
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby mizar » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:08 am

Ok. I must admit. Im no expert in smithing. I have a 450b on order. However I have no idea on sizing for a muzzle brake for the factory 450. Can anyone tell me what the process is and what size i would be looking at?
mizar

Postby Hoot » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 pm

mizar wrote:Ok. I must admit. Im no expert in smithing. I have a 450b on order. However I have no idea on sizing for a muzzle brake for the factory 450. Can anyone tell me what the process is and what size i would be looking at?

Ross knows which one to make for the 450b. I recommend the stainless one for ease of maintenance. I'm not sure if Ross does this on purpose, or I was just lucky, but using the crush washer the 450b ships with, my brake indexed perfectly, at the right torque. Could not have asked for a better fit and finish. Gotta be the best value in a 450b muzzle brake out there, bar none!

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby madone » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:12 pm

BarracudaBob wrote:Exit whole .452+.020 = .472, as tight as you can and be safe? :?

Based on JP's specs found here: http://www.jprifles.com/instructions/Website%20PDFs/RE%20Selection%20Guide1.pdf

* Exit hole must be .040” larger then caliber of barrel.

Not sure if that is industry standard..but better safe than sorry.
madone

Postby gunnut » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 am

"There is nothing we can do to counter the effects of bullet recoil except to shoot a lighter bullet"

I Like that! I can currently guaranty a 16% reduction. Average a 22%. With NO brake! Major developments! The A2 Recoil-less buttstock now weighs the same as the average A2. Closing in on a 25% reduction with the A2 reducers. Got some realy cool things for the one's playing with buffers!

Very good read on brakes!
gunnut

Postby MudBug » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:08 pm

guys, could we try and keep this thread a little more on topic (rem40xb1 brakes for sale)?
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby gunnut » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 am

oops! Sorry! forgot where I was. Very good read on the muzzel brakes.
gunnut

PreviousNext

Return to Market