Muzzle brakes for sale

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Muzzle brakes for sale

Postby elkbow » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:58 am

also had to make sure I posted up the brake he made me for one of my 450B's:

elkbow

Postby MarkCO » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Just got a Brake from Ross. Very nice and a great value!
MarkCO

Postby spikeexpert » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:17 pm

I am looking for a 450 bm for my factory upper. You still making them?
spikeexpert

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Welcome Spike. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's still making them. Shoot him a PM.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby elkbow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 am

yep he is still making them, best to send him an email, think it is on the first page of this thread....he just made them for my 450, .264 LBC and 6.5 Creedmoor
elkbow

Postby chorizo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:20 am

Blast Busters

Use these earplugs for hunting. You can hear normal conversation and soft sounds but protect your ears above the 90dcB mark. I use them for bird hunting....I can still hear the rattlesnakes buzz but protect my ears when shooting. In expensive and very comfortable. They don't make your ear canals hurt during extended use like foam plugs

http://www.earplugstore.com/blshearpl.html

I spent 21 years in the Marine Corps shooting and flying. I have hunted and shot my whole life and used earplugs for most all of it. My hearing is still intact with less than 5% loss from baseline when in my early 20's (56 yo now) These plugs are the best I have ever used and I have upwards of 20 of them. A couple of pairs are in the pickup, each shooting bag, in the stock of the ar's or anywhere else I can stash them so they are handy....AND THEY ARE RELATIVELY CHEAP TOO!

I have received my Ross Brake, I have just finished bead blasting it and I will be blackening it and screwing it on the upper this weekend before doing my test shoot next week.
NRA Life Member since 1972
21 years and 21 days in the USMC....but who was counting.
chorizo

Postby jerdebson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi all, I ordered two of these last Thursday evening and Ross said he would get them out Friday AM. They were here in the Monday mail. They look great and very fast service. Why can't all vendors be like this?
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hoot » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:41 pm

jerdebson wrote:Hi all, I ordered two of these last Thursday evening and Ross said he would get them out Friday AM. They were here in the Monday mail. They look great and very fast service. Why can't all vendors be like this?

They don't look so attention grabbing bright if you give them a good bead blast. They take on an almost grey color more like the parkerizing on the barrel. Read bead, not silicon carbide, not coal slag, though coal slag gives them such a porous surface that it looks even more grey. The price for that is boy do they pick up crud. Bead blast is a nice compromise. If you intend to paint or parkerize them, it also helps with adherence. Ross and that fellow who sells the primer pocket normalizing bits, which double as a fantastic cleaner once they're normalized, are two of the best bang for buck gun accessories out there.
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby jerdebson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Hoot wrote:
jerdebson wrote:Hi all, I ordered two of these last Thursday evening and Ross said he would get them out Friday AM. They were here in the Monday mail. They look great and very fast service. Why can't all vendors be like this?

They don't look so attention grabbing bright if you give them a good bead blast. They take on an almost grey color more like the parkerizing on the barrel. Read bead, not silicon carbide, not coal slag, though coal slag gives them such a porous surface that it looks even more grey. The price for that is boy do they pick up crud. Bead blast is a nice compromise. If you intend to paint or parkerize them, it also helps with adherence. Ross and that fellow who sells the primer pocket normalizing bits, which double as a fantastic cleaner once they're normalized, are two of the best bang for buck gun accessories out there.

I will probably run them thru my bead blaster, I thought carbide might be just a little darker, but a little more texture, I'm not sure. I did "time" one already. No crush washer and no "gap" between brake and barrel, it looks like it grew there.

Tell me more Hoot, I haven't heard about him.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hoot » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 am

jerdebson wrote:Tell me more Hoot, I haven't heard about him.

This Guy

The workmanship is top shelf. I treat every primer pocket I reload with these bits and even though they are reversible, I have not had to do so yet. The flutes on the end I started with are still sharp and produce a pocket bottom that is square, crisp and shiny. Subsequent passes to clean the pockets effaces every bit of buildup as the depth to the metal bottom has already been estsblished the first time through. Forget the two-edge black ones that come with the press kits. It was always tricky to get them square to the bottom of the hole and my experience was it took a couple of try and look passes to get the pocket clean. Then again, I may be a spaz, but I don't think so. The bristle types work better but the leading edges of the individual bristles eventually get rounded, or the errant strand gets separated from the pack, bent when inserting in the pocket and they're never the same. Again, just my experience.

The only caveat is when the brass has pockets that are deeper than spec and there is a spec for pocket depth. The stop collar prevents the cutting edge from reaching metal. While it is adjustable via the set screw, it's tedious to reset it to the precise spec depth and I don't like doing it if I don't have to. Thankfuly, that is not very often. In the event I encounter one like that, I pull out the brush type cleaner bit.

I have no vested interest in that fellow's business, but I do believe in giving lip service to a job well done. My set of his bits are now 3 years old and going strong after about 2500 pockets. 90% small primer and 10% large.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

PreviousNext

Return to Market