Muzzle brakes for sale

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Muzzle brakes for sale

Postby MudBug » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:53 am

maybe we should list common specs and come up with one design for the 450b like the barrel diameter, bore size, and find out if he can put wrench flats on it.

For example: The barrel diameter is 0.740, but a crush washer is 0.800 so If we want this to be used with a crush washer I think it should taper to just a bit bigger than a crush washer like the izzy brake.

Also, if it's gonna be used with a crush washer we need to come up with a spec that it times to about 9 or 10 o-clock hand tight so that it can then be snugged up with a wrench.

Ross, can you mill wrench flats on them?
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby MudBug » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 am

Mike wrote:Ill take an 1" in chrom moly with 11/16X 24 thread tapered to 3/4".

Can I send you a postal money order?

Mike, before you order take note of how you plan to time this thing.

I believe that most of the brakes Mike makes are then installed by gunsmiths who does some finish milling so that the brake times out or "Aligns" correctly.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby rem40xb1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:59 pm

I am not able to mill flats on the brake because of the different tapers and the time involved. I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible on these brakes. I have these brakes made on a CNC and I finish them on my lathe. I have about 30 minutes in each brake to finish it and have it ready to ship. I would like to keep the cost at $40.00 so everyone can get a brake that want's one without spending a large amount of cash. I think if you try one of these brakes you will be happy with the results. All my work is 100% guaranteed. If you are not happy your money will be refunded. Ross
rem40xb1

Postby MudBug » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:07 pm

That makes sense I was just asking.
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby BD1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Very nice work at a fair price. There's hope for us yet!
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby wildcatter » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Ross, those are good looking brakes and thank you for the great buy. If you've not done it already, Gunnut can get you/us all the data you'd ever need, he's got the equipment. A heads up comparison of yours to the Izzy Brake, could be very helpful and probably would sell allot of brakes and you can use that data as selling information for your other brakes on other guns. Just have to ask him here, I bet he'll be reading this soon enough.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby rem40xb1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:51 am

This is a Video of one of my brakes on a 338 Edge pistol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3pXSKpz69s
rem40xb1

Postby gunnut » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:22 am

Oh yes! I follow this site closely. There is a lot of very good work being done by the member in a lot of areas! It has become sort of an independent R & D site.. I have established a base line for the 450Bs recoil in the horizonal plain and found that there is actually 3 recoils involved. Primary, Secondardy and the mechanical action of the rifle. Bolt action guns do not have the 3rd. Muzzel brakes CAN be effective with the secondary recoil in the vertical and horizonal plains by redirecting the gasses up and to the rear. The Izzy brake does not seem to have much effect in the horizonal plain and may be most effective in the vertical. I have not run any tests in the vertical plain. All of my tests have been centered on reducing the Primary recoil which has been mostly ignored untill now. After some extensive testing I have some excellent results. I would be glad to help find the most effective muzzel brake. This would be a great combination.
gunnut

Postby dcbeattie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 pm

rem40xb1 wrote:I am not able to mill flats on the brake because of the different tapers and the time involved. I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible on these brakes. I have these brakes made on a CNC and I finish them on my lathe. I have about 30 minutes in each brake to finish it and have it ready to ship. I would like to keep the cost at $40.00 so everyone can get a brake that want's one without spending a large amount of cash. I think if you try one of these brakes you will be happy with the results. All my work is 100% guaranteed. If you are not happy your money will be refunded. Ross

What kind of CNC?..We have a couple of 4 axis Haas mills and a Haas lathe where I work. Really great machines and so easy a cave man could do it.. :) or even me.. If you could teach the cave man to run the software... :roll: I don't get to run them much, but I'm the guy that has to fix them when they break.
Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Postby Hoot » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Mine arrived and I must say the workmanship is first-rate. I've had other brake designs made for me by individuals and Ross' work puts them to shame. Can't wait for my upper to arrive so I can try it out. Hopefully, the Izzy brake is not a nightmare to get off. I've had to fight, even cut some other military brakes off.
Thanks Ross!
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

PreviousNext

Return to Market