*Hello to all our new members*

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Jezzer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi members, been on here a short while now and have decided to have an upper built. Unfortunately I live in the UK (Nanny State) where semi-autos are banned so mine will be classified here as a single shot, straight pull as are my 6mm WOA, 22PDK and my 6.8SPC..... I know....it's sad!
I have a Brownells barrel on order and it should be with me in 3-5 weeks.
Glad I found this forum as it's helped me a great deal deciding which parts to choose.
Jerry. UK.
Jezzer

Postby Pipefitter172 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Greetings everyone, New member here. I have been shooting and handloading since Christ was a corporal. I also swage .452 diameter bullets, and as I live in southern Michigan where the 450 Bushmaster is kosher to hunt deer with I have been looking to expand in this cartridge. I currently have a target grade AR lower without an upper and was doing some internet research on this cartridge whe I stumbled upon this site.
I can swage both a 3/4e ojive and a T/C nose in .452 diameter in just about any weight from 200gn to 400gn using both commercial jackets and 40S&W or 10mm brass.

I am currently leaning towards a GLFA upper, as their shop is about an hour and a half from my house.
I am sure that I will have many questions to ask of the knowledged members here, and maybe in the future I will have some answers for questions asked.
Pipefitter172

Postby Hoot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am

Pipefitter172 wrote:Greetings everyone, New member here. I have been shooting and handloading since Christ was a corporal. I also swage .452 diameter bullets, and as I live in southern Michigan where the 450 Bushmaster is kosher to hunt deer with I have been looking to expand in this cartridge. I currently have a target grade AR lower without an upper and was doing some internet research on this cartridge whe I stumbled upon this site.
I can swage both a 3/4e ojive and a T/C nose in .452 diameter in just about any weight from 200gn to 400gn using both commercial jackets and 40S&W or 10mm brass.

I am currently leaning towards a GLFA upper, as their shop is about an hour and a half from my house.
I am sure that I will have many questions to ask of the knowledgeable members here, and maybe in the future I will have some answers for questions asked.

Welcome Aboard OM!

Also consider a Bartz Upper. IIRC, they are located in Eaton Rapids, MI. Its not a low end upper, but you get what you pay for. It would be put to good use on that Target Grade Lower.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Welcome and I'll throw a plug in for Gryphons, also in Michigan

https://gryphontradingllc.com/shop?olsPage=products
Al in Mi

Postby wwwthekeeper » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Greetings .450 Bushmaster aficionados, I being a newbie am welcome to helpful hints.
A little about me. I am 74, Have shot and hunted since I was 12 and Shot bullseye since 1964 When I shot on and with USAF base pistol team
I am starting My first AR-15 upper build and it is to be a .450 Bushmaster.
I am using a BCA 18 in. 416R Stainless Heavy Barrel with 1:24 twist and Mid-length gas system.
I plan on using a Side Charged upper receiver and Would really like to use a thumbhole Laminate wood stock and Hand Grip. If anyone has built a similar upper or has any lookout cautions or other good advice, please feel free to comment
wwwthekeeper

Postby Tag Soup » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Howdy!

After blowing through 20rds of 12ga slugs, I gave up sighting in that Mossy 500 I had recently picked up... frustrated and sore! Then my father in law offered to let me borrow his new Ruger in 450 Bushmaster. I shot it once and had the bug!

Then, after sitting in a deer blind for three days back in November, seeing only a bird and a dog, I read through the entire old forum and have been stalking about here ever since! So here I am with a brand spank'n new Ruger American Rifle and finally say'n hello :D (I'm still waiting for a nice day to go sight it in... it's been burning the back of my mind pretty good!)

Anyway, I have to say that this is quite an incredible group of individuals and I'm very grateful for all the information and wisdom you guys have offered up on this forum! Example: LeGendre? side crimp... I don't know how it's spelled, but that side crimp deal is slick!

...I just wish I could have been where I am now back in 2012 when you guys were getting started!
Tag Soup

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:36 am

welcome aboard, keep us posted on your new RAR, we like seeing things as they come together!!!
Al in Mi

Postby BILLY10MM » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 am

Thanks Mudbug! I just recently got a .450 upper and am looking forward to hunting with it.
BILLY10MM

Postby raybo5102 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 pm

been shooting and reloading 450 thumper for a couple months now. have three factory four shot mags that seem to work well playing around with different scopes these days.
raybo5102

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 am

raybo5102 wrote:been shooting and reloading 450 thumper for a couple months now. have three factory four shot mags that seem to work well playing around with different scopes these days.

welcome, your upper factory or custom. fill us in when you can :)
Al in Mi

PreviousNext

Return to Market