Need 450b Brass

Buy and Sell
Be smart about your dealings, this forum is not responsible for bad deals.

Moderator: MudBug

Need 450b Brass

Postby Hoot » Wed May 26, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi guys;

If you've been following and perhaps appreciate the work I'm doing on the different bullet loadings, you can imagine I've been reloading a lot on my nickel. The 140 once fired Hornady 450b brass I started out with is now on its 4th loading. They're getting a lot of nicks and dings in them, with some having Lee FCD scars to boot. I need someone who has a supply of once fired brass to perhaps give me a good deal on some. If you don't feel comfortable posting to this thread, PM me. I'm discreet. Not asking for a handout, though I'm not too proud to take those too.

Thanks,
Hoot
Last edited by Hoot on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Need 450b Brass

Postby oldmanjeffers » Wed May 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Hoot, your contributions here have been AWESOME!

I'll be the first, BUT I can only offer 20 NEW .284 cases that have been cut and trimmed. I will further trim them to what ever length you would like. If'n your interested I only ask one thing, PLEASE put your load data in the knowledge base so we don't need to fish around for it.

If your only looking for Hornady brass I understand and I won't take it TOO personally. :evil:
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Postby Hoot » Thu May 27, 2010 4:27 am

As if I don't worry enough about getting older, I could have swore I posted this in the Market forum. Yo Eric. Should it be there?

Your offer is really kind. I have plenty of large rifle primers and several methods for length trimming, but I know you put a lot of work into getting those brass custom machined, just right.

For the benefit of everyone who just has plain Hornady brass, I'd like to stick with that so they can use my findings "Apples to Apples". Before I got the once fired brass I'm currently burning through, I seriously considered reworking .284 brass. So much so, that I bought a bag of 50 and tried reworking it also. I did not have a neck ream and the effort wound up frustrating me to no end. I eventually sold my remaining ones to another member who was set up to work with them. I still believe that if properly prepared, they are a better choice than what Hornady wound up producing, but that debate is for another thread.

As a person who loves to do amateur machining in his shop, I salute your effort and am a bit envious.

Thanks for your interest in helping me out and do let us know how the .284 brass works out. I for one am very interested in the results. Once I put these reloading experiments to bed, I'll submit my results to Eric for consideration.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby oldmanjeffers » Thu May 27, 2010 7:59 am

No problem Hoot, I will keep everyone posted on my results.

If I do come across any "extra" factory brass I'll be sure to let you know, One thing I did was make a blanket E-mail and sent it to every used brass outlet I could find on the net, I had a number of them tell me they come across very little 450 brass but would keep my information for when they do come up. Only one has responded and had 42 pieces for $20.00 shipped, I have yet to receive them :x
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Postby Hoot » Fri May 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks to the member who PM'd me offering some brass for the cause. Anyone else feeling philanthropic? :D

Hoot
Hoot

Return to Market