Where did everyone go?

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Where did everyone go?

Postby MudBug » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Did I screw somehting up when dealing with the spammers and ban everyone?
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:55 am

nope, not for me.

Ive been busy rounding up my gear for a Newfoundland moose hunt next week :D
Al in Mi

Postby gunnut » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:56 am

I'm still here. Maybe hunting season for a lot of people.
gunnut

Postby wildcatter » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Me Too, been building these labs and the early deer hunt and trying to figure out how I can get into Al's Ruck sack, heading for Newfoundland. The weather here has been absolutely fantastic the last 5-6 weeks and everyone here is trying to soak up the last of summer. I suppose it might be the same for most.. Hey AL, you can't take the AR into Canuckland, but you can take a mini-14 in and I just happen to have one chambered in our cartridge of choice. It'd only cost you a Who-Goosed-the-Moose, dinner..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:36 am

wildcatter wrote:Me Too, been building these labs and the early deer hunt and trying to figure out how I can get into Al's Ruck sack, heading for Newfoundland. The weather here has been absolutely fantastic the last 5-6 weeks and everyone here is trying to soak up the last of summer. I suppose it might be the same for most.. Hey AL, you can't take the AR into Canuckland, but you can take a mini-14 in and I just happen to have one chambered in our cartridge of choice. It'd only cost you a Who-Goosed-the-Moose, dinner..

Catter, appreciate the offer but "Ma Bell" is my pet moose and elk rifle, she's a 338-378 Weatherby Accumark from the first run, stoked with 240gr Northforks @ 3265fps and topped with a Swarovski 3-12 PH. This thing is extreamly accurate and can sure reach out and touch something when needed.

btw, the dinner is a gimme ;)
Al in Mi

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:45 pm

wildcatter wrote:mini-14 in and I just happen to have one chambered in our cartridge of choice. ..

Drool.... :mrgreen:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby BD1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm on a new project back down on HHI in the stinkin' hot low country. My reloading stuff is still in boxes from the move and I'll be pretty busy for a couple of weeks, then I'll need to find a place to shoot for fun. Hopefully I'll get after some hogs as soon as it cools down a bit.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby wildcatter » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Al in Mi wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Me Too, been building these labs and the early deer hunt and trying to figure out how I can get into Al's Ruck sack, heading for Newfoundland. The weather here has been absolutely fantastic the last 5-6 weeks and everyone here is trying to soak up the last of summer. I suppose it might be the same for most.. Hey AL, you can't take the AR into Canuckland, but you can take a mini-14 in and I just happen to have one chambered in our cartridge of choice. It'd only cost you a Who-Goosed-the-Moose, dinner..

Catter, appreciate the offer but "Ma Bell" is my pet moose and elk rifle, she's a 338-378 Weatherby Accumark from the first run, stoked with 240gr Northforks @ 3265fps and topped with a Swarovski 3-12 PH. This thing is extreamly accurate and can sure reach out and touch something when needed.

btw, the dinner is a gimme ;)

I knowed, day was a reason why I liked 'Ol AL, he likes all kinds of things I be-ah-lik'en..

I just love a .338, been ah shoot'en em since 1964. Was a contributor to the Sierra Project that developed the 300 grainer, the first real production VLD Bullet, a .799 BC in those days was way-way out there. I have the longest seniority using the .338 Lapua on the planet. The story goes something like this.. Seems Sam Bell and Pres Kendall (who both are dead now) were corned up one night and designed the .338 Lapua on a bar napkin, seems like it was the early to mid 1980's, because Pres brought me a sample of the first pre-production ammo, while we were designing the parameters of the XM-24, latter to become the M-24, over at the Picatinny Arsenal in 1985, if my memory serves correctly (FYI..the fact that the M-24 interchangeably shoots the 7.62 NATO and 300wm was one of my contributions). Anyways, I tried to get the ARMY to do a 338 or at least a 300wm with a 338 winchester body, for the longer neck. They went with the 300wm). The next day, Sam and Pres, still liked their cartridge and called me to make the first barrels and chambers. The rest is history..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 am

I almost tripped on a Sako in 338 Lapua when they came out, it was going to be a upgrade from my 338 Remmy mountain rifle, then this Weatherby showed up on the cheap and the rest is proverbial history. Just something about lighting off 109gr of Rel 25 that makes you say "oooohhhh yeah"

Catter, we really need to hook up when I get back. I have this dummy round in my pocket that's looking for a AR platform...................... :twisted:
Al in Mi

Postby wildcatter » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:16 am

Al in Mi wrote:I almost tripped on a Sako in 338 Lapua when they came out, it was going to be a upgrade from my 338 Remmy mountain rifle, then this Weatherby showed up on the cheap and the rest is proverbial history. Just something about lighting off 109gr of Rel 25 that makes you say "oooohhhh yeah"

Catter, we really need to hook up when I get back. I have this dummy round in my pocket that's looking for a AR platform...................... :twisted:

10-4, when ya going and when ya coming back (dates)? FYI.. Al lives north of me by some 40 some odd miles, further up in the thumb of MI and we've been trying to have a pow-wow... AL, all I've got to say is, .."if you kill'em, I'll grill'em!!"...Just get lots of pics and post them, Mud is getting lonely here just lately.. I'm looking at many whitetails everyday, saw eight yesterday in one herd and if I was aiming at my 200yd target, I'd have taken at least one right through the heart, yep, they are walking right in front of my target. All Does. We have a great antler gene pool here and I have been seeing some real serious monsters-in-the-velvet, the last couple of months (although they are now out of the velvet), so I really want to bust one of those. So, I am keeping the does around for what some may call,.."confidence decoys"..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Next

Return to Site Discussion