Introduce yourself

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Introduce yourself

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:10 am

There has been a few new members on the site and I figured maybe we can get some introductions from them and even some of you original guys. Maybe just a little info on interests, how/when they got into the .450B,and general AO of members. No requirement as I understand alot of people like a certain amount of anonymity. I'll start first: My name is A.J. from Washington State just south of seattle. I got my first .450 in 2009 and have been addicted to it ever since. I am pretty interested in anything shooting or outdoors related, especially survival stuff. I have always been a tinkerer, especially with cars and firearms. Cant wait to hear from you guys. :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby oldmanjeffers » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:38 pm

My name is Jeff, I'm in Sacramento CA. I got my 20" upper about a year ago from a guy that NEEDED to make a car payment, The gun shop I over heard him telling his story at offered him $150 and he laughed and walked out, I followed and offered $320, The rest is history. I found this site shortly afterwords and found it to be VERY helpful and feel like I've made some new friends.

I LOVE GUNS! If I could I would have thousands! I've been taking apart things my hole life, fixing them or trying to make them better. I'm a welder/fabricator by trade but also apply coatings and paint to our products. Second to guns I enjoy fishing, All types of fishing for anything and everything, Big and small. My inspiration for everything I do creative or not is my little girl and my wife is my best friend.

Of the forums I visit this is my #1 pick even tho it can be slow on the responses. Thanks for having me!

Jeff
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Postby BayouBob » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:34 pm

My name is Bob. I live just a few hundred yards from Bayou Bartholemew which is the longest bayou in the country. I got my 450 in 2008 just before the panic wiped out the supply of AR's. I had the privelege of being raised hunting and fishing all over the state of Arkansas. Before fishing for money ruined the sport and wiped out a lot of the resource I used to love bass fishing. Now mostly I striper fish. I shoot pretty much anything I can get my hands on and hunt for anything that wiggles; deer, hogs, squirrels, rabbits, yotes, turkey and I love to shoot them with guns with big holes in the end. Know anybody who has killed whitetail deer with a 375 Winchester, 375 H & H, 375 Weatherby, 416 Rigby, and 458 Winchester? I won't ever be able to afford Africa but I can dream I'm the great white hunter in the swamps of Arkansas. I bowhunt, reload, tinker with everything and love reading history. My retirement program is my Banker son and my Doctor daughter!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:23 pm

BayouBob wrote: Know anybody who has killed whitetail deer with a 375 Winchester, 375 H & H, 375 Weatherby, 416 Rigby, and 458 Winchester?

No but I think Wildcatter probably shot a gopher with a .950 JDJ, and is currently in need of 250,000 FMJ's for an alien invasion.... :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
2zero6

Postby BayouBob » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 pm

I heard Wildcatter was trying to figure out how to stuff a 40mm grenade warhead into a Bushy case. Now that will be a deer cartridge!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby wildcatter » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:58 am

A .950jdj/40mm LeGendre Humm..LOL..youz guys.. I don't know bout all that but I did, as a child, kilt me r deer wit ah home made sling-shot and a dirty stone and a few years back, me and a buddy tried setting up the perfect shot, again on a deer, for a pump-up Sheridan, we almost did it too. Does JD even make a 950?

As for me, I hate guns and gun people, the guns are just too loud, kill stuff, and scare me. Those people are simply too happy, they're all the time talking about guns and shooting, and they are just way too responsible, to their families and the community. Those Raciest Gun people have an unfair advantage, over the lovely, Innocent, Flower Children, that just need your possessions more than you do, and those know-it-all Gun People just seem to know too many things, I just hate those people!! OH WAIT!! THAT WOULD MAKE ME A DEMOCRAT!!! NOW, I REALLY DO NEED A GUN TO SHOOT MYSELF WITH!!!!

lol..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 am

Too funny Wildcatter! :lol: That Sheridan remark reminds me of my neighbor. Here is a link to the .950JDJ Wiki . $40 for each loaded cartridge :o . I do like his whisper lineup though.
2zero6

Postby BayouBob » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:10 pm

Hey Tim, forget about those little 95 caliber and 40 mm popguns. Here's something a guy could really take out a hog with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQ4dE_RGnQ
BayouBob

Postby michael5446 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 pm

my name is michael, just joined this site and hopefully we can all learn from each other...i am addicted to sport shooting, hunting, fishing, firearms, living, loving, and life in general... i live in se wisconsin, the gateway to good beer, good sausage, and yes...great cheese

glad to be aboard
michael5446

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:00 pm

michael5446 wrote:my name is michael, just joined this site and hopefully we can all learn from each other...i am addicted to sport shooting, hunting, fishing, firearms, living, loving, and life in general... i live in se wisconsin, the gateway to good beer, good sausage, and yes...great cheese

glad to be aboard

Sounds like you'll fit right in, welcome. :D
2zero6

Next

Return to Site Discussion