New HOOSIER here

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

New HOOSIER here

Postby buckhead » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:44 am

Just like to say thank you for letting me join this group,I just got into the AR life style and I have to say I'm in love with my 450 Bushmaster, I think my wife is just a little put out with it. I can't wait to get this thing out and throw some rounds in to it, it was made legal to hunt deer with here this next season, and I want to wack one with this round. I did buy the complete Bushmaster 20 inch rifle and I topped it with burris one pice mount and a Nikon buckmaster 3-9-50mm scope I think it should do the job. Anyhow I'm glad to be here thanks to Sheep Dog, found me on facebook talking about the 450. I did put a round thru it the next day after I bought it and the elector broke and I called BM and they had me a new bolt within 5 days, I have a few questions to ask after I go thru this site about Magazines what's the best factory or something else and is there something I need to do to the magiazine I got with the gun for a cleaner feed?
buckhead

Re: New HOOSIER here

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Weclome BH, and don't believe anything the Dawg says about me. It's all true, just don't listen to him and he is one of those "S'mores Haters", so watch out..

As for magazines, it will be hard to beat the factories, for hunting and from your quip, I'm thinking you're hunting in Indiana?? Where you can only have 4-5rds in the mag anyways, for deer hunting, right?? But the mag choices are plentiful..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby buckhead » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Wildcatter you're my hero I just put my 450 on sight and I must say it is a great gun I love this THUMPER at 100 yards it's dead nuts clover leaf pattern, I was sighting in from the tailgate of my truck, I posted this on facebook and my friends are in aww.
buckhead

Postby buckhead » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:34 pm

and yes you are right about hunting in Indiana and I'm looking for factory mags as we speak I will be using this next January on a hog hunt with some friends I think I will on;y need one mag for that and one round I stoked with this gun 8-)
buckhead

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:45 pm

buckhead wrote:Wildcatter you're my hero I just put my 450 on sight and I must say it is a great gun I love this THUMPER at 100 yards it's dead nuts clover leaf pattern, I was sighting in from the tailgate of my truck, I posted this on facebook and my friends are in aww.

Hey Buckster, with accuracy like that, my buddy shots them, high in the neck, just under the head, to ranges to 300yds. Now, he describes a kill that we here often see here, with body shots, "Bang-Flop", I wondered why he wanted to make such risky shots. His answer? "Risky my Tookus" "Look at this accuracy"!! And besides he doesn't want to ruin one ounce of meat.

On that mater, Meat-Damage. I maintain that we see very little, meat damage, in actuality. That 30cals are FAR more destructive, to meat, we're in reality doing very well. At the risk of this getting out of control and really needs to be in another section. I was wondering if you hunter were seeing the same results.

And Ah-Sides Mr. Buckster, you're my Hero!! Glad you like it and are having such great results, wait until you start killing things with it, you'll come wonder how you ever got that job done, with the lessor preforming calibers..

..t

PS.. where's your AO? I'm about 6 hrs north of Indianapolis, maybe you could come and hang out with me and Al in MI, he's about 1.5hrs north of me..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Welcome to the electronic campfire here, buckhead....you'll be amazed with what the 450b can do for ya out in the field. What you see it doing at the range just means you have that much less to worry about outdoors....if you can hold on it, the rifle will hit it!

Watch your step around WC...he's turned us all here into 450b zombies... :lol:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby firehawk » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Welcome from one Hoosier to another! I haven't been here long myself, but have managed to learn a thing or two. As far as the mag question, today I tried out the two Sig 556 30 round mags I got Friday. Loaded with 10 rounds each they fed perfectly. Being a polymer magazine it is one less thing to worry about clanging and banging on a treestand this fall.
firehawk

Postby buckhead » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 am

Wildatter I'm about 30 miles north of Indy on Interstate 69 that would be cool I have never been to Michigan
Thanks fella's for the welcome I have some to learn about and enjoy all the feed back this is gonna be fun
buckhead

Postby wildcatter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:52 pm

buckhead wrote:Wildatter I'm about 30 miles north of Indy on Interstate 69 that would be cool I have never been to Michigan
Thanks fella's for the welcome I have some to learn about and enjoy all the feed back this is gonna be fun

When I69 curves West at Lansing MI, going to Port Huron, I'm about an hour west of Port Huron and ten/fifteen miles north of 69, into the start of the Thumb, Big Al, lives at the northern end of the Thumb, I'm at the southern end..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm

buckhead wrote:Wildatter I'm about 30 miles north of Indy on Interstate 69 that would be cool I have never been to Michigan

My uncle is a professor @ Taylor in Upland. Been to Indi and Upland a few times. Hung out with Ted in Jackson MI in July 95 at the "Bash". I lived in Memphis, TN at the time. Those folks up in Jackson, MI were super nice!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to Site Discussion