Help posting photos

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Help posting photos

Postby swiftdriver » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Could someone please tell me how to post photos? I could not find any answers on the forum. When responding please remember I don't even know witch end of of the key board is dangerous. :D Thanks a bunch Kirk
swiftdriver

Re: Help posting photos

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:16 pm

When you hit the "Post a Reply" button, below the comment window is a tab "Upload attachment". When you select it, you have a place to enter the file name of the photo on your computer (including the directory and subdirectories), but the easiest way is to hit the Browse button and find it in the navigation window that will open up. Select the file so that the path and name appear in the "Filename" box, then hit "Add the file". You can also put a comment about the photo in the File Comment box, before you add the file.

The files need to be small - I think the max is 120 kb. If you file is larger, you will get a note to that effect and it won't be added. Check the resolution on your file. It need not be more than 72 dpi, which is the usual with a point and shoot camera, and if you resize it to 4"x 6" (or thereabouts) it should work. Hopefully, you have some photo editing software that will allow you to adjust the size and resolution of the image, if needed.

You must Preview your post to see the post with the photo.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks Jim...I've been trying to verify that process myself, also being a computer gadget troglodyte... :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:57 pm

I started using photobucket.com cuz I got frustrated that ALL my pics were too large to use.
Go to www.photobucket.com and create an account, upload your pics there then copy their IMG address and paste that address directly in the thread.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 9x19MdM » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:57 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I started using photobucket.com cuz I got frustrated that ALL my pics were too large to use.
Go to http://www.photobucket.com and create an account, upload your pics there then copy their IMG address and paste that address directly in the thread.

+1

And using Photobucket has the added benefit of being an off-line/off-site storage for your digital images, so that WHEN your PC goes belly or you get hit with a nasty virus, your pic's are still safe.

Hotmail also has a document storage function called Skydrive so you can store your important documents in the cloud.
Google has Documents for off-site storage.

Be sure and use a strong password for these accounts!!
9x19MdM

Postby thatguy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:30 pm

The biggest issue with Photobucket is that if you post on a very busy forum (think ar15.com where you can have 6k ppl online at one time - so a pic posted in a popular topic can get viewed tons), they have limits on how many times your pics can be viewed/accessed/linked..

I switched to imageshack.com (also free) but it is suppose to not have any limits on usage

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby swiftdriver » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

You guys are great. Thanks for the advice, now if I can get all ten thumbs going I'll start trying to post photos.
swiftdriver

Return to Site Discussion