Something Going On?

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Something Going On?

Postby Hoot » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 am

Eric;
The last day or so, I've noticed the site has been sluggish compared to past experience. Is our host or you doing maintenance or something, This has occurred from two different internet trunks (home and work). It mainly involves initially establishing a session. Once in, it gets better. DNS resolution issue?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Something Going On?

Postby lungingturtle2 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:19 am

Hoot, I've noticed the same thing, it's taking 5x as long to load, thought it was my computer so I shut down and rebooted to no avail.
lungingturtle2

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:02 am

Someone on Facebook mentioned it was down totally around 2PM on 6/11. But it seems to be fine now.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:51 am

seems robust this morning. Perhaps Eric was doing maintenance, which is finished.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby MudBug » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:20 am

Hoot wrote:seems robust this morning. Perhaps Eric was doing maintenance, which is finished.

Hoot

I didn't do anything.

It could have been a problem with our host, or the DNS server in your neck of the woods, but I didn't see the problem at all, but I only spent a few minutes here yesterday just to check on moderator messages because I was working on my truck after work.

It all seems to be fine now though.

I'll follow this thread today.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Return to Site Discussion