Welcome to the new site.

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Welcome to the new site.

Postby MudBug » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:23 pm

I need ideas for what will make this better, so give me your thoughts on how I can fix it.

I have plans to add a Wiki/Knowledge Base type feature, more skins, etc.

Suggest features you might think we need, other forums I can add, etc.

Thanks
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the new site.

Postby MudBug » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:57 am

Are the colors ok with everyone?

I locked us down to just this style because some of the mods I've added to this site require that each style be altered and it's a pain. If there is a need for it I will hack a couple more syles.

Also, if you find that the font is too small look at the top right of the forum and you will see a light blue symbol like this vA^ the v an^ are for making the font smaller and larger. I can adjust it to go a little bigger I think if I need to.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby MudBug » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:50 am

just a test

Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 am

I'm new to this forum but have had my .450 for about 2 years now and let me just say thank you for this site. It's nice to get away from all the .458 shooting .450 haters. I love my .450 and revel in the fact that there is a site catered .450 enthusiasts. I've been lurking on the other forums for quite a while now and hate having to search the whole board for relevant info on the .450 just to have countless people chime in that the .458 is so much better. Once again thank you.

As for suggestions, maybe a link to user control panel in the top somewhere and better avatar size options. Phbb should support both.
Last edited by 2zero6 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby MudBug » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:04 am

The User control panel is up top left, though I agree it's a little hard to notice. I'll look into that.

What size would you like for avatars?

Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 pm

MudBug wrote:The User control panel is up top left, though I agree it's a little hard to notice. I'll look into that.

My bad I'm so used to it being on the right side of the page now I feel like a retard. The avatar just needs to be able to have a different file size limit 6kb is pretty small 24kb-40kb is around the norm that would give us options of animated GIF avatars. A little larger image size wouldnt be too bad i guess but not much as it is pretty annoying when somebody has a super large avatar and it changes the page format or takes to long to load for the 56k users.

Any way to get a section for pictures of animals taken with the .450 maybe call it "The Tropy Wall"?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
2zero6

Postby MudBug » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:39 pm

I'll see what I can do tonight.

Thanks for the ideas.
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:48 pm

2zero6 wrote:I'm new to this forum but have had my .450 for about 2 years now and let me just say thank you for this site. It's nice to get away from all the .458 shooting .450 haters. I love my .450 and revel in the fact that there is a site catered .450 enthusiasts. I've been lurking on the other forums for quite a while now and hate having to search the whole board for relevant info on the .450 just to have countless people chime in that the .458 is so much better. Once again thank you.

As for suggestions, maybe a link to user control panel in the top somewhere and better avatar size options. Phbb should support both.

I know what you mean about those 450 haters. There is a famous site that when I was posting my work, long years before the advent of the 458 & 50's, those guys and their supposed experts would just tear me a new one, how it wasn't even possible, was the lightest of the assessments. The hateful crud coming off the key boards from some of those that should have known better, was off the Rector Scale. Then their Buddies came along and thought they could better my work, well, you can see who gets the nod on those sites and they never did come up to my break through standards, with their lessor products, good as they actually are never-the-less (Hey!! as a matter of fact, I just got a ("Reliable" - in other words take this with a grain of salt) inside whisper that Starline is dragging their feet over producing the next lot of the 458-50 cases and may not ever do one again, having postponed the latest run by many months already, because of low sales and future low sales projections. The statement was made that they'd have to wait until more demand develops. Can anyone verify this?). I just ignore them, guys like us here are only interested in the betterment of the science, those other sites can play their hate-filled political games, showing just how small minded, Jealous and Envious they really are.. Too Bad because, there are some on those sites that have their minds wrapped tight and really do think, if only they weren't drowned out..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Can they make 458 & 50B cases from other cases? I myself prefer loading the 284b cases over 450 factory. Cheaper, heavier brass, large primer and there is just something about creating something from scratch versies remanufacturing. Hornady has really put their ALL into this one! We have discovered a lot reloading this, and have a lot more to learn from them disecting this, Why the SRP? Why this case vol? why this weight bullet? Now, throw in some wild cards!! modified 284 cases! modified Factory crimp dies!! The combinations seem endless! 300gr. bullet, Lead or jacketed? factory brass or 284? tapper or side crimp? Not to mention powders!! And we are just starting on the gun itself! I think we will be playing with this one for a long, long time to come! My hat's off to Hornady & Bushmaster!
gunnut

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:14 am

wildcatter wrote:
2zero6 wrote:(Hey!! as a matter of fact, I just got a ("Reliable" - in other words take this with a grain of salt) inside whisper that Starline is dragging their feet over producing the next lot of the 458-50 cases and may not ever do one again, having postponed the latest run by many months already, because of low sales and future low sales projections. The statement was made that they'd have to wait until more demand develops.

Man, then all the naysayers might have to buy a 450 just to be able to keep shooting you can only reload brass so many times, ha. Nice to have a manufacturer like Hornady backing our shooting needs.
2zero6

Next

Return to Site Discussion