Google?

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Google?

Postby BD1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:35 pm

I wonder what you need to do to get the search engines to pick up the site?

BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Re: Google?

Postby whomhavei » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:32 am

From my understanding, the best way to improve search engine rankings is to increase the number of quality links to this site. Here is the scoop straight from google. I went ahead and put a link on the wikipedia entry for the 450 bushmaster.
“To save your world you asked this man to die;
Would this man, could he see you now, ask why?”
~
W. H. Auden
whomhavei

Postby MudBug » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Yes, I've done what I can at this point Keywords and topic in the meta tags, google validation, etc

The only real thing that will help are outside links to the site and content. The more we post and the more people link to us, the higher we rise in the ranks.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 am

I read this off the Drudge Report and it deserves some thought..

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06142009/bu ... 174235.htm
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 pm

whomhavei wrote:From my understanding, the best way to improve search engine rankings is to increase the number of quality links to this site. Here is the scoop straight from google. I went ahead and put a link on the wikipedia entry for the 450 bushmaster.

Thanks for adding that to Wikipedia, I hadn't even thought of that.

When I look at my webstats for Referrer URLs to this forum (meaning where people were linked from) 32% of them came from the calguns thread, a few percent came from castboolits, other came from a couple strange places I don't understand. Some come from the welcome messages you get in your email, and 34% came from the wikipedia article. So that has be very good at driving traffic here.

Now I need to really get on the knowledgebase, filling it with useful content and articles. If anyone wants to submit a how-to or other informative article let me know.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby MudBug » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:11 pm

I don't know where we started, but a few days ago I checked and we were on the bottom of pg. 8 on google when searching "450 Bushmaster", now we are at the top of pg. 6

:mrgreen: 8-)
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby whomhavei » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Now up to the top of page 4!
“To save your world you asked this man to die;
Would this man, could he see you now, ask why?”
~
W. H. Auden
whomhavei

Postby MudBug » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:51 pm

whomhavei wrote:Now up to the top of page 4!

Yup

Still can't find us on Bing, Yahoo, or Dogpile though
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby BD1 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Number 2 on page 1 just a few minutes ago!

BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Just got back had a great 2.5 week trip out west. We shot at ranges of 1000+ yds. Shooting at a very small patch of Lillie pads turned in some interesting results, with the 450b. Though we never hit them, we sure scared the heck out of'em a might..

seconds ago.. #8 on page #1, with a Goggle Search of "450 Bushmaster"

We're getting there, heck, we are there.. Coo dos to the Mud Bug!!..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Next

Return to Site Discussion