Happy Second Anniversary

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Happy Second Anniversary

Postby pitted bore » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:15 am

This is the second anniversary of the day that mudbug announced on the calguns thread that 450bushmaster.net was open for business: June 6th in 2009, D-Day +65 years.

The first to sign on were BD1, wildcatter, and thirtytwo. Curiously, "bloob" signed on two days earlier and has never posted, but has visited occasionally.

A number of others, including yrs truly, hit the beach a day later. It's been an interesting, helpful, and informative two years here.

--Bob
pitted bore

Re: Happy Second Anniversary

Postby BD1 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:32 am

This has always been a polite and civilized forum, and I've enjoyed being a part of it.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm a newbie but I'm really enjoying this forum and learning a lot!
Congrats on the 2nd Anniversary.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Ditto's on the previous comments. I found the site after I bought my 20" upper to mate with my BM XM15 lower, have put a couple of hundred rounds through it, and - thanks to this board - have taken up reloading.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I started my little "tour of duty" here on Thumper talk 8 months ago. Ive been a Bushmaster owner for 16 months. What I have learned here in that 8 months is absolutely astounding. I have built my very first custom rifle and working on a second. The money that I've spent....well....I guess that I had better not discuss that. :roll: This Black Rifle love affair could take its' toll on some folks. But I believe these are worth the investment. I truly think our Black Rifle love affair is once again being threatened by the Left. It is really a treasure to find a Forum like this. A TRUE Treasure. A Bastion of lucidity among all other gun forums. Special thanks to the guys who put up with my repetitive questions and those who have taken the time to even PM, email and call me on the phone giving me help. WC, it is an Honor,sir. I've met and hung out with the likes of TN Congressman Ed Bryant, shaken hands with former VP Dick Cheney, drank iced tea with Paul Shanklin in his kitchen at his home, and spent untold time in past decades shooting bows with, dining with, and discussing all sorts of topics with my bloodbrother, Ted Nugent. It is once again, an honor to meet a man who has his hand on the rudder of firearms history. It is like talking to Sam Colt. God Bless ya man!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Happy Anniversary!

I have to say, once again, this is the best forum ever in the history of ever!

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby bushmeister » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Well the date will be easy to remember as it is my dogs birthday! May he live as long as this site!
Attachments
martyduck1rrr.jpg
martyduck1rrr.jpg (99.15 KiB) Viewed 20321 times
bushmeister

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:20 pm

:oops: i didn't realize the date! :roll: Happy anniversary! :D
:) thanks mudbug & all the rest of you guys who contribute all the GOOD stuff! ;) 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby BayouBob » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Hard to believe we've been sitting around this digital campfire for 2 years. Looks like we are still growing too. Thanks guys, for all the insight and comradery. We ought to figure a real rendezvous somewhere.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I started my little "tour of duty" here on Thumper talk 8 months ago. Ive been a Bushmaster owner for 16 months. What I have learned here in that 8 months is absolutely astounding. I have built my very first custom rifle and working on a second. The money that I've spent....well....I guess that I had better not discuss that. :roll: This Black Rifle love affair could take its' toll on some folks. But I believe these are worth the investment. I truly think our Black Rifle love affair is once again being threatened by the Left. It is really a treasure to find a Forum like this. A TRUE Treasure. A Bastion of lucidity among all other gun forums. Special thanks to the guys who put up with my repgetitive questions and those who have taken the time to even PM, email and call me on the phone giving me help. WC, it is an Honor,sir. I've met and hung out with the likes of TN Congressman Ed Bryant, shaken hands with former VP Dick Cheney, drank iced tea with Paul Shanklin in his kitchen at his home, and spent untold time in past decades shooting bows with, dining with, and discussing all sorts of topics with my bloodbrother, Ted Nugent. It is once again, an honor to meet a man who has his hand on the rudder of firearms history. It is like talking to Sam Colt. God Bless ya man!

Thanks, that's very humbling. I'll try to live up to the accolades.

Sneak-Preview, before the end of the summer, I hope.

First of all, keep in mind a couple of things, first. J. Browning came up with about 125 +- weapons, I have well more than 300 on my boards now and by the end of this summer, I hope to have about a half dozen introduced (here first and I'll be shipping them to some of you guys for objective review, also to be posted here), that are "Guaranteed" to knock your socks, all the way off. The Nay-Sayers on the other channel will have an absolute Toad, to no end. Don't worry, these new developments won't over-shadow our beloved 450b and I don't plan to ever hang mine up, but these new weapons will be quite stunning, I mean, really very stunning, as in Game-Changing Stunning.

So, on this Anniversary, this is my announcement.. This board is about to explode with new member interests. Though I think the Mad Mudder might say it has already exploded.

Happy Anniversary!!! It's been great learning from such a respectful bunch of guys..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Next

Return to Site Discussion