Pictures

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Pictures

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:57 pm

Hey MB,

I have some serious Historical pics. They are of Gene Stoner, Mikhail Kalashnikov, and Uziel "Uzi" Gal and I. Historical, in the fact, that the only time they got together, ever, was to see my work. To be sure there were other reasons, but the primary was.."hey let's go see the new kid, he's got stuff we need to see" and they came.

Question, these pics might be a hit if you were to predominantly display them somehow, so as they couldn't be robbed from your site, as they have never been published and you'd be the first to do so. Word would get out that the only place to see them was here, get it, as in right here only and you might want to look at the advertisers here while you are at it? You Want'em? PM me...

Safety First..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Pictures

Postby 450Boomer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:06 am

I know I would like to see them and I don't have a black rifle obssession. :mrgreen:

I hope to see lots of load and general development work posted here... along with some wildcatting based on the parent cartridge including maybe a 375 professional or a 400 - 44 professional (along the lines of the 405 Winchester or 40-65 style bullets) but I'm a cast bullet guy... :shock:

I look forward to this site becoming THE site for 450 Bushmaster and .45 Professional information.

Thanks Mudbug,

Boomer
450Boomer

Postby BD1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:22 pm

+1 on seeing the pictures!

Boomer, Should we start right into the cast boolit discussion?

BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:13 pm

BD1 wrote:+1 on seeing the pictures!

BD

Boy, I hope you guys do, I for one love the stuff you guys have contributed already and those recent 300 grainers just scream for moose meat!!..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 450Boomer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:40 am

wildcatter wrote:
BD1 wrote:+1 on seeing the pictures!

BD

Boy, I hope you guys do, I for one love the stuff you guys have contributed already and those recent 300 grainers just scream for moose meat!!..

I've been waiting for some custom molds to arrive... a 230/200 grain solid/hollow point Cramer style mold and a 250 grain round nose flat point mold for the 45 colt.

Cramer style mold

230 grain solid and 200 grain hollow point bullets from the same mold.

454640 260 grain custom bullet design should be perfect for the 450b... the huge meplate creates a "Hammer of Thor" shock effect :shock:

These RCBS 318 grain bullets loaded with a full case of H110 or WW296 get the ultimate penetration honors if you can handle 3000+ pounds of muzzle energy... my scope couldn't. :cry:

I just went to the range last week with a batch of handloads that were too long to chamber with 230 grain Hornady HAP bullets and some Winchester 230 grain ball and ended up letting the guys shoot up a box of factory loads. I finally got a couple of boxes of brass to work with and the Cramer style mold should get here next week but this is a busy time of the year for me.

We're going to the West Coast IHMSA championship match next week and I have at least two matches a month until the end of November (handgun and rifle silhouette matches).

Boomer
Lever actions are my passion.
450Boomer

Postby wildcatter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Ok, excuse the ignorance, but can someone walk me through posting a picture? I have some on my computer and just got one emailed to me that is especially important. I know how to include one from the net, with a URL, but getting one out of my computer and into this forum is another matter for me. The picture from my email won't load as an attachment or from tiny pics..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby BD1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 am

What I do is open a new folder on my desktop, then export the picture I want to it, resizing to around 460x 420 at the same time. Then I browse from the "upload attachment" button on the bottom of the reply page to find the new folder and double click the image I want and it uploads.

If you don't currently have any photo software, I can recommend Picassa from Google. I've been using it at work for about 5 years. It's free and easy to use.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:05 pm

hey boomer what kind of accuracy did you get out of those cast boolits?
thebrassnuckles

Return to Site Discussion