Really?!

Talk about site problems, suggestions, etc.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Really?!

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Administrators got a tough tough job when they also have to filter and moderate. Moderators should take the mundane everyday housekeeping chores to free up the admin to do his business. I used to be a Moderator for another site years ago. It would be apleasure and an honor to be a Moderator here. These guys police themselves very well. I have never seen a forum where everyone remains civil. But this one is a head turner.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby MudBug » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Administrators got a tough tough job when they also have to filter and moderate. Moderators should take the mundane everyday housekeeping chores to free up the admin to do his business. I used to be a Moderator for another site years ago. It would be apleasure and an honor to be a Moderator here. These guys police themselves very well. I have never seen a forum where everyone remains civil. But this one is a head turner.

You very well may get the job.

We did have a moderator for awhile, maybe you guys remember 2zero6. He did a fine job, then he just disappeared. No notice, no response to my messages or emails, just gone.

I agree that this place pretty much polices itself, the only real work is keeping the Spam Zombies on the other side of the fence.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Colohunter » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm

I remember seeing 2zero6, I wonder where he went. I'll help out as well if you need anything.
Colohunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 pm

I hate seeming him disappear like that. What little conversations I had with 2zero6, he seemed like a pretty cool guy.
It kind of makes one worry when a member just drops off the forum like that.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby CCCXI » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:39 am

I'm not a bot! I have never posted, but I sure have done a lot of reading. I'm getting lots of good info from this site, so please don't delete me when you clean out the bots.
CCCXI

Postby wildcatter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:57 pm

CCCXI wrote:I'm not a bot! I have never posted, but I sure have done a lot of reading. I'm getting lots of good info from this site, so please don't delete me when you clean out the bots.

Nah, we got ya now 311. You done screwed-up and joined a nest of the best dang cut-throats there ever were. So, we got ya now, and just like the Mob, .."days only one way out"!!!..wink

And, Ah-sides, Welcome aboard Matey..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:54 pm

wildcatter wrote:
CCCXI wrote:I'm not a bot! I have never posted, but I sure have done a lot of reading. I'm getting lots of good info from this site, so please don't delete me when you clean out the bots.

Nah, we got ya now 311. You done screwed-up and joined a nest of the best dang cut-throats there ever were. So, we got ya now, and just like the Mob, .."days only one way out"!!!..wink

And, Ah-sides, Welcome aboard Matey..

..t

Yup, having made your first post you are now in for life.

Just in case anyone cares after a couple days away from here this is what I was greeted with today. (I'm not posting this for pity, just amazement and because I thought you guys might like to see it)

47 pages of this

Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Colohunter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Since we don't see those, I'm going to guess that you have to approve the first post of a new members? It's been awhile since my first posts.

Looks like a little help would be good for you.
Colohunter

Postby DFWDave » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Any idea how many have actually been sold? Bushmaster doesn't even acknowledge the existence of my model, the camoflage version. I personally think it's a beautiful gun, but it doesn't exist in any of their literature, and the instruction manual I got for mine is completely inappropriate for the .450 caliber. I feel like an orphan, and of course now that they've been absorbed into the greater Cerberus bean-counting universe, that's not likely to improve any. So how many uppers or full-blown rifles did Bushmaster sell?
DFWDave

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:34 pm

DFW...I've got the same one, and I love it. If I ever figure out how to upload a picture, I'll do so...(computer troglodyte speaking here). Bushy sent me a generic owner's manual, too, sort of like they didn't really know what rifle they were sending.

BTW, did your post and mine wander into the wrong thread here?
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

PreviousNext

Return to Site Discussion