Finally Thumped One!!

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Finally Thumped One!!

Postby Sulcotaylor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Side View 2011.jpg
Bullet entry side of deer!!
Side View 2011.jpg (41.38 KiB) Viewed 15568 times
Front View 2011 Buck.jpg
Thumper is resting at back of buck
Front View 2011 Buck.jpg (43.8 KiB) Viewed 15568 times
Got this 8 on November 25th in Harris NY after putting on a 5 hour-1/4mile unsuccessful stalk. I spotted this buck approaching as I made my way back to my truck after kicking out a monster from a ridge adjacent to his bedding area. This buck was limping badly and I figured that it had been shot previously; upon further examination and from the buck with the busted up rack that came after him after the shot, his injuries were due to being gored. All I can say about the Thumper; violent impact on the game. Excellent load, devastating results.
Sulcotaylor
Sulcotaylor

Re: Finally Thumped One!!

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Good deal! Now do a write up and enter the contest!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:56 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Good deal! Now do a write up and enter the contest!

Absolutely!!! Go to: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6457 it'll be fun to read about the vicissitudes of your hunt, that earned you a great Buck..

FYI, gored bucks, injured in fighting, almost always die from the injury complications, looks like this one died of 450b poisoning..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:12 pm

:) That's a nice one! 8-) Congratulations. :mrgreen:
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby randyf » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:52 am

Nice deer....good shot placement!

What bullet were you using,.....factory or handload?
randyf

Postby Jimbo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Congratulations! Nice!
A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.
Jimbo

Postby Sulcotaylor » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:47 pm

I was using the Hornady factory loads. The buck was on the move at about 80 yards when I squeezed. (Why I'm not entering the buck contest)- not a major feat of marksmanship. I will advise all that use the 450 upper to fully consider the state of the bolt assembly when trying to load a round into the chamber from the magazine while slowly allowing the charging handle to be pushed forward by the buffer spring. EVEN AFTER YOU THINK THE BOLT CARRIER ASSEMBLY IS IN PLACE-Engaging the chamber... Even after you jam the forward assist with the butt of your palm in the pre-dawn from your deer seat in the center of a buck bedroom that you left alone all of archery in hopes that you would intercept the monster that calls it home. This way when the 6.5 year 12pointer w/junk at his bases gives you a broadside shot at just over 12 paces, you don't hear a gut-wrenching, unforgettable metallic"clink" as your firing pin hits dead space a fraction away from the primer.
Last edited by Sulcotaylor on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sulcotaylor

Postby FirstNation » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 pm

That hurts for sure... being new to the black rifles myself, I was lucky I discovered that fact on the target range; I let the action slam a cartridge home {on safety!} long before I get to my stand.
FirstNation

Postby Sulcotaylor » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Well, it's been A while.. just got a text from my buddy another local of the Sullivan County NY area that I lent my "Thumper" to before his south of the Mason-Dixon line trip on Friday morning (Jan 13,2012). I lent him the .450 and sure enough he scored on a great- pig his first day hunting down in Alabama, as far as he told me he hit 4 out of a group of 12+. He had a magazine swap out issue in the rapid fire situation.. He was griping something about him being in the Corp and that he should have known better.. Great Shooting Nick, Let those fellows know that if they want some pigs cleaned out, just give me the "high-sign" and I will help to lower the population. Congratulations again!!! I will give the readers here the full story as soon as you forward it to me. "GET SOME!!" Gregg T.
Attachments
IMG950269.jpg
IMG950269.jpg (96.35 KiB) Viewed 15006 times
Sulcotaylor

Postby Ghost Dog » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:58 pm

NICE!!!
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Next

Return to The Trophy Wall