Unleashed the "BEASTMASTER"

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Unleashed the "BEASTMASTER"

Postby dvrod18 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 am

It's funny, there is always "that guy" on forums...who thinks he knows everything about some one from reading a few posts,
who gets all mad and upset about what somebody posted and has to put their 2 cents in, then they get in to name calling.

What are we 12? If you have nothing better to do than bash me...If you have that much time on your hands...

You should definately learn how to play video games!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good day!
dvrod18

Postby MrRowdy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:00 am

dvrod18 wrote:It's funny, there is always "that guy" on forums...who thinks he knows everything about some one from reading a few posts,
who gets all mad and upset about what somebody posted and has to put their 2 cents in, then they get in to name calling.

What are we 12? If you have nothing better to do than bash me...If you have that much time on your hands...

You should definately learn how to play video games!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good day!

I apologize for going all hard nose on you. I have hunted with some folks that seemed to have a complete lack of respect for living creatures and taking clean humane shots and I've stopped hunting with them. Your excitement over blasting the deer using five rounds reminded me of these characters. If that wasn't the case I'm sorry for jumping to my own conclusions about what went down. I suppose I let my own personal feelings bias my view and I built my own interpretation about what went on.

Again, my apologies.
MrRowdy

Postby dvrod18 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:40 am

MrRowdy wrote:Edited: Perhaps my opinion was overly strong. I apologize for jumping on you so hard, I just feel strongly about humane clean kills on game. I've seen some bad cruel things done to animals by so called hunters and it tweaks me. Again, my apologies.

Apology accepted. I am a life long sportsman and value my time in the field. I do not make a practice of shooting animals that many times, but in this case, because of the poor first shot I felt I needed to make sure to get a vital hit on the animal. It was all over in less than 30 seconds or so, so I would say the kill was as ethical as could be considering the "miss" on the first shot. I quit bowhunting after wounding an animal, as I could not stomach the loss of an d wounding of an animal. Long story short is I did the best I could under the circumstances, and know it was not ideal.
dvrod18

Postby MrRowdy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 am

Well, that makes me feel better and again, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions and allowing myself to get upset enough to jump on your back over it.
MrRowdy

Postby dvrod18 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:44 am

I would also like to add that it has been a long time since I have actively participated on an online forum, and I would like to apologize if I offended anyone with my post. I now understand how difficult it is to convey a message in such a fashion, and that full understanding is hard to acheive. It doesn't help that we are discussing ethically taking an animal.

I would like to point out this was not an ideal outcome, as some of the meat was lost, but less than anticipated. I was raised not to waste anything. I was excited about taking the animal, that is why I hunt. It just so happened that follow up shots were needed, and after the fact was impressed at how well the .450 and AR platform works for hunting. I do not recommend shooting an animal 5 times under normal circumstances for many reasons, and in most cases it simply is not needed, I was merely trying to illustrate that if needed the caliber/platform combo was more than adequate.

On a side note I found the meat around entry/exit holes was not "bloodshot" as is normal with "high power rifle" calibers. The .450BM simply goes through taking out anything along the way, without leaving a 6"-8" area affected by the pressure of impact or explosion of exit.

I guess one other positive that has come out of this situation is the ultimate confidence I have in my weapon/caliber. I had always wanted an AR but have no use for a .223/5.56 as I feel it is too lite to ethically kill deer, although I know many swear by it. When I discovered the 450BM in the AR it fit perfectly to where/what I hunt. So I was excited to see my hard earned money was well spent.
dvrod18

Postby MrRowdy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 am

dvrod18 wrote:I would also like to add that it has been a long time since I have actively participated on an online forum, and I would like to apologize if I offended anyone with my post. I now understand how difficult it is to convey a message in such a fashion, and that full understanding is hard to acheive. It doesn't help that we are discussing ethically taking an animal.

I would like to point out this was not an ideal outcome, as some of the meat was lost, but less than anticipated. I was raised not to waste anything. I was excited about taking the animal, that is why I hunt. It just so happened that follow up shots were needed, and after the fact was impressed at how well the .450 and AR platform works for hunting. I do not recommend shooting an animal 5 times under normal circumstances for many reasons, and in most cases it simply is not needed, I was merely trying to illustrate that if needed the caliber/platform combo was more than adequate.

On a side note I found the meat around entry/exit holes was not "bloodshot" as is normal with "high power rifle" calibers. The .450BM simply goes through taking out anything along the way, without leaving a 6"-8" area affected by the pressure of impact or explosion of exit.

I guess one other positive that has come out of this situation is the ultimate confidence I have in my weapon/caliber. I had always wanted an AR but have no use for a .223/5.56 as I feel it is too lite to ethically kill deer, although I know many swear by it. When I discovered the 450BM in the AR it fit perfectly to where/what I hunt. So I was excited to see my hard earned money was well spent.

:D
MrRowdy

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 am

Thanks guys. Sharing your crayons is better than shoving them up each others' noses....
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Thanks guys. Sharing your crayons is better than shoving them up each others' noses....

Yuppers, anyone can have an oops, in interpretation of events, but look how quickly this was taken care of and we're all better for it. Try to find this level of respect, on the other channels.

I'm very proud of you guys and am Happy to be numbered with such fine people..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby LlindeX » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:57 pm

dvrod18,

Explaination willingly accepted. We've all pulled a shot or two in our lifetimes. You're to be commended for your followup on a wounded animal.

Here in Colorado, I've seen far too many guys with 300 Magnums jump out of their Jeep, empty their magazines at an animal 500 yrds away, watch it run 50 yrds over the ridge, and then just get back into the car and drive away. Assuming that if it didn't drop immediately at the shot, they just missed. Result, I find all too many rotten carcuses just out of sight of the roads.
Ask a Syrian why his gun rights are so important !
Then, ask yourself why any Politician really wants to take our's away !!!
LlindeX

Previous

Return to The Trophy Wall