When bow hunting deer fails.....

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

When bow hunting deer fails.....

Postby tannerlst » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:57 pm

bust out the foxpro!

did some bowhunting all weekend, i myself didn't see one deer.my dad shot one opening morning, and we saw it on camera two days later flaunting its wound...sighted in my new .450 Bushmaster upper in saturday, and i decided to call a little before making it all the way home. this 19lb. cat came to the foxpro within less than 5 minutes. he came up over a small hill about 50 yards away and sat down to take a look at the caller below him. then met my .450 for a dirt nap. first kill for the upper! this was the second cat i saw today, first one i saw while deer hunting

tannerlst

Re: When bow hunting deer fails.....

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Very Nice!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:34 pm

That's freakin' awesome! Nothing like hunting cats. I always get a rush hunting for something that could hunt me. I am guessing it dropped in its tracks? :mrgreen:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby tannerlst » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:43 pm

yes it dropped like a sack of rocks... never even seen it coming. the damage behind his leg was , well.... pretty extreme! maybe because how he was standing but he had a good 8in long hole in his arm pit. snaped his leg bone in half. i wish i would have got better pics but i only got one crappy one that just doesn't do what i saw justice. i believe this thing will be dropping anything i ever shoot with it in its tracks! i friggin LOVE it!
3rd cat for the year and i just started predator calling this year! called in another cat when i had my bow but couldn't pull back on him cause he was staring straight at me at 25 yards
Last edited by tannerlst on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tannerlst

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:45 pm

tannerlst wrote:I believe this thing will be dropping anything i ever shoot with it in its tracks! i friggin LOVE it!

Right there with ya brother! :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby Weapon of Choice » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:28 am

What sound were you using when he came in?
Weapon of Choice

Postby tannerlst » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:10 pm

i was using "lightning jack" , one of my favorites. called in foxes, cats, yotes, and a few others with it. its nice and loud too.. critters seem to like it
tannerlst

Return to The Trophy Wall