Another One(s) Bites The Dust

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Another One(s) Bites The Dust

Postby wildcatter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Image Me & the Killer Dogs Image One of my engineers

You guys would laugh to see how I'm hunting. I've been Hunting in the Range Lab, were it is heated and comfortable as your front room. On my 200yd range, out pops this pig and buck and the 450 barks and no tracking, what-so-ever, ah-la Bushmeister Style, with as clean of kills as can ever happen, on both animals. Of course you can tell they are dead before they hit the ground.

Ps.., my killer dogs, as you can see, had a blast.t
Last edited by wildcatter on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Another One(s) Bites The Dust

Postby bushmeister » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:45 pm

That's awesome. I didn't know hogs were allowed to live in Michigan. Were they killed with factory stuff, or proprietary kill bullets?
bushmeister

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Looks like DRT!

Very nice!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:55 pm

That's awesome. My bathroom window faces my south pasture and I
Have been known to put the toilet seat down and sit backwards on
The toilet with my rifle hunting coyotes...LOL.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Sweet! Funny all you guys hunt like I do every once in a while. I used to setup a bowl of dog food with a light in front of my barn and then open my back sliding glass door just a smidge and snipe rats from the comfort of the living room. Glad to see I'm not the only one doing some home shooting. :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:That's awesome. My bathroom window faces my south pasture and I
Have been known to put the toilet seat down and sit backwards on
The toilet with my rifle hunting coyotes...LOL.

LOLOLOLOLLL!!!

You sound like my Father..

Yup, Factory Fodder, tomorrow I'll get the kill bullet out and set up a San Francisco (sometimes known by Txsheepdawg as the Tx-heart-shot, renamed, by me, as the San Francisco shot..up the butt) shot. As it was, I shot the buck at exactly 175yds, standing in front of my target backer, which is at 200yds. The animal was facing me with it's head down and eating. I took it just north of the back straps, exactly where I was aiming. The bullet traveled through the lung, liver, missed the intestines (how I'll never know) and exited the far side quarter panel. The jacket shed, but the animal dropped like a sack of potatoes, dead before it hit the ground.

The pig, which is rare in Mi, was standing in front of the lab, maybe 50yds, the high neck shot was a bit off and it brained him and totally shattered the skull, No meat damage here.. The pig had been hanging around for a couple of months, my killer dogs attacked it, weeks ago, and nearly killed it. Not bad for a shizue, a yorkie and a 50/50 mix, they are absolutely fearless, weigh less than ten pounds and want to sit in my lap as we shoot the big boomers. I just got in some dogie ear muffs, but I think maybe they love the sound and cordite smells too much. How 'bout that, being able to take you dogs to work with you, eah?
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Finally found a pic of WC and the boys after a hard day at the shop: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/ ... 64x551.jpg

On a serious note, for those of us interested in piggy popping, the State of Oklahoma has started a Feral Swine Hunter/Trapper Directory, see www.ag.ok.gov. You can fill out an application for listing on the State's website for landowners to contact hog hunters and trappers, and the landowners can list their information as well, to be contacted by people on the directory.

Also, Oklahomey just approved hunters to use radio collars on trapped "Judas hogs", which are then released to go back and join the rest of the porkers in their group...track the radio collar signal, and you find the whole mess of bacon on the hoof. Great idea, and the first I heard of it. :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:46 pm

commander faschisto wrote:...snip...
Also, Oklahomey just approved hunters to use radio collars on trapped "Judas hogs", which are then released to go back and join the rest of the porkers in their group...track the radio collar signal, and you find the whole mess of bacon on the hoof. Great idea, and the first I heard of it. :)

What next, LoJacks? NavAid Beacons for the Helocopter Hunters?

I love some folk's inventiveness.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Hic28 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:47 pm

I've seen deer on my back lawn through the window of my bathroom but have never shot one. The only thing I shoot on my property are the rats that eat my grapes which hang on a lattice thing above my deck. Hunting weapons for those include an older Sheridan pump pelet gun and my colt .38 with birdshot loads. Oh and peanut butter to lure the rats out.

Count so far is
Me - 6
Rats -0

The .38 splits the rats in half. I wish I had pictures or video haha
"An armed society is a polite society"
Hic28

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:44 am

Gov Perry signed a law making it legal to hunt pork chops from helicopters. Are we sure we don't want this guy as President? LOL.... JK!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to The Trophy Wall