Newfoundland moose

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Newfoundland moose

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 am

Althou not taken with the 450 (Canada has a hardon for those evil black rifles) here are a couple of pics of last weeks adventure to NF. Weather was hot which slowed things down a good bit, rain and wind everyday, typ NF hunting. This was my 5th and final trip for me.................... I think, the old body took a good beating this time around.

Al in Mi

Re: Newfoundland moose

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:23 am

Congrats! What did you use in place of thumper? Elk season is drawing ever closer herr, I've got thumper and my 338 all tuned up and ready to go.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am

my pet moose and elk blaster, a 338-378 Weatherby launching 240gr Northforks

my old elk stomping grounds were a bit west of you, between Glenwood Springs and Paonia.
Al in Mi

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Excellent work, to all involved! We really need a "Thumperization" of a moose one of these days...the People's Republik of Kanada has gone completely over to the dark side in the last several years. Too bad.

I just hope you didn't see a squirrel wearing a flight helmet and goggles anywhere near there... ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Jeepejeep » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:45 am

Nice work, guys!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby kottke_35 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Al in Mi wrote:my pet moose and elk blaster, a 338-378 Weatherby launching 240gr Northforks

my old elk stomping grounds were a bit west of you, between Glenwood Springs and Paonia.

Good choice! Its beautiful over in that area. I'll be over by Rio Blanco this year. Hope to knock some down.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby wildcatter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Al in Mi wrote:Althou not taken with the 450 (Canada has a hardon for those evil black rifles) here are a couple of pics of last weeks adventure to NF. Weather was hot which slowed things down a good bit, rain and wind everyday, typ NF hunting. This was my 5th and final trip for me.................... I think, the old body took a good beating this time around.

Man-o-Man, I can't wait!

Last time Al came over here he brought me a whole stick of Moose, summer sausage! I got some 15yr old cheddar and Holy Cow, did they ever go well together!!

Listen Al, if'n ya do go back, leme souvenir you a bolt gun, chambered in our 450b. Now I've been shooting the various 338's Professionally, since I was a pre-shaver and I love them all (In Fact, I built the first barrel for the 338 Lapua), but, other than range (which your .338 is far superior to the 450b, in range considerations), the 450b is going to kill Moose far better than any .338 and I still own and use several .338's, so I don't want to dismiss that caliber in any fashion. I'm just saying, if the 450b uses the correct bullets and you keep the range under 2-300yds, you will see the difference yourself, hands-down..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 am

:shock: now that's sweet! :) i'm jealous! :mrgreen: one of these days soon, i want to harvest a moose. it's always been on my wish list and Maine or Alaska on my map of where to's. 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Return to The Trophy Wall