IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:19 am

B swift wrote:
bushmeister wrote:Nice job! where is gun season in already?

Northern CA. :) (Zone B 1 Archery season is Aug. 20 – Sept. 11 And the general (firearms) season runs Sept. 17 – Oct. 23.

I had my eye on a little forked horn this morning. Tempting but I'd rather eat his daddy. Either way I need a tag and license. Twenty days is plenty of time to kill one or the other. There's another notable buck down the river near the mouth of the Mad. All on private property. It's good to have friends with land. :)

Wow, from a comfort standpoint, that sure gets my vote, but you'd think they would have trouble keeping the population up, allowing hunting before the breeding season. Or, do they breed earlier in those parts?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby B swift » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 am

I have no idea but there is certainly no shortage of deer! They are farm pests. The numbers locally are out of control. There are at least 30 does within a mile of the farm on Warren Creek and a good number down on the (Arcata) bottoms. I seriously wish we had a doe season too!

Hoot wrote:
B swift wrote:
bushmeister wrote:Nice job! where is gun season in already?

Northern CA. :) (Zone B 1 Archery season is Aug. 20 – Sept. 11 And the general (firearms) season runs Sept. 17 – Oct. 23.

I had my eye on a little forked horn this morning. Tempting but I'd rather eat his daddy. Either way I need a tag and license. Twenty days is plenty of time to kill one or the other. There's another notable buck down the river near the mouth of the Mad. All on private property. It's good to have friends with land. :)

Wow, from a comfort standpoint, that sure gets my vote, but you'd think they would have trouble keeping the population up, allowing hunting before the breeding season. Or, do they breed earlier in those parts?

Hoot
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:47 am

:) congrats on the killshot! :)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Previous

Return to The Trophy Wall