IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

Postby vince3222 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Must say the EOTECH with the magnifier is spot on, and getting on target is easier than open sights. This Doe fell right where she was shot. So much for tracking blood trails through the woods... Will be taking the set-up down south again. Cant wait till season opens again.
Attachments
.450 W. OPTIC.JPG
.450 W. OPTIC.JPG (45.85 KiB) Viewed 18722 times
DEER 1.JPG
DEER 1.JPG (77.65 KiB) Viewed 18722 times
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest" -Mahatma Ghandi
vince3222

Re: IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Sweet! Where is everyone getting these EOTechs?!? Mines been on backorder since July!
Welcome to the electronic campfire, Vince!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby duckmanmark » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:14 pm

I have to agree with Vince, the Eotech EXPS was great for head up shooting at running game. Mine came from Botach Tactical .com In stock.
Christian, Conservative
Husband, Father
Friend, Worker
Taxpayer
I'm not sure if this is a sigfile or an epitaph
duckmanmark

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Nice work, dude! Welcome to the asylum. The bang-flop experience is the norm with the 450b...keep us posted, with pics, on any future fun you have with it. Deer really don't have a whisper of a chance against a 450b, but I've learned to get over that feeling... ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Nice, another bang flop for the Thumper!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby vince3222 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:30 am

- I got mine at Cabelas.. I don't buy much from their anymore. But they had em in stock. Unfortunately for us "civilians" those optics companies get behind on their government fulfillment obligations and put everything non-military on hold until they get caught up. The GSA fines like 3-4% for late dock dates on their contracts.
- My best advice is to go mess with the optics. Like Physically handle them. I noticed during my shopping around that just about every model from all the manufacturers of battery powered "red-dot" or "Holo" optics would have a few that were not calibrated to the mil sizes or shapes claimed on the spec-sheets. That may save a few folks some money and headache!
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest" -Mahatma Ghandi
vince3222

Postby vince3222 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:34 am

commander faschisto wrote:Nice work, dude! Welcome to the asylum. The bang-flop experience is the norm with the 450b...keep us posted, with pics, on any future fun you have with it. Deer really don't have a whisper of a chance against a 450b, but I've learned to get over that feeling... ;)

Will do. The "bang-flop experience" sums up exactly what this round is capable of. I will be stealing that term from you guys!
vince3222

Postby bushmeister » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Nice job! where is gun season in already?
bushmeister

Postby Hoot » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:31 pm

bushmeister wrote:Nice job! where is gun season in already?

Yeah, I was envious of that as well. The only thing in here is archery, as in hand-drawn.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby B swift » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:44 pm

bushmeister wrote:Nice job! where is gun season in already?

Northern CA. :) (Zone B 1 Archery season is Aug. 20 – Sept. 11 And the general (firearms) season runs Sept. 17 – Oct. 23.

I had my eye on a little forked horn this morning. Tempting but I'd rather eat his daddy. Either way I need a tag and license. Twenty days is plenty of time to kill one or the other. There's another notable buck down the river near the mouth of the Mad. All on private property. It's good to have friends with land. :)
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Next

Return to The Trophy Wall