Bummer!

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Bummer!

Postby ColoradoKid » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:27 am

Was headed up the hill early this morning to take my 14yo son on his first elk hunt. Had to turn around and head home about an hour and a half into the drive. He's been sick, yesterday was feeling better, but he wasn't doing so great this morning and couldn't even eat breakfast. I decided to pull the plug and head home. Poor kid, he was so excited to go track some bulls with dad's .450 bushy.
ColoradoKid

Re: Bummer!

Postby Jeepejeep » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:32 am

That sucks, I hope he's felling well soon and gets to go tomorrow.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:30 am

Hope you can get back out there...the return trip will be that much more fun. Adapt and overcome, eh?
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby ColoradoKid » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:00 am

He's still down for the count. Oh well, I'm going up later this week with a buddy for three days. Might just have to pull him out of school and bring him with :twisted: Momma Bear won't be too pleased, but a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do right?
ColoradoKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 am

:( I hope he is okay. We'll say a little prayer for you guys. :(
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:40 am

ColoradoKid wrote:Was headed up the hill early this morning to take my 14yo son on his first elk hunt. Had to turn around and head home about an hour and a half into the drive. He's been sick, yesterday was feeling better, but he wasn't doing so great this morning and couldn't even eat breakfast. I decided to pull the plug and head home. Poor kid, he was so excited to go track some bulls with dad's .450 bushy.

Where ya'll located at again? Hope the lil guy turns out ok. I'm heading up the hill for third season. Two elk tags and a buck tag to fill this year. Hope the weather cooperates and it's a good year!

Good luck to you guys!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby ColoradoKid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks everyone for the support! Ended up being a really bad bladder infection that spread to his kidneys. We got him on some antibiotics and he started feeling much better so I was able to take him up on the very last day of the season.

Didn't harvest any critters, but he still had an absolute blast! Never heard that kid talk as much as he did on the drive home. The ultimate father/son bonding experience.

Saw a bunch of mule deer, two cow elk, and a moose. No Bulls though. Saw some fairly fresh tracks and rubbings, but not till later in the day. If only we had more time.

Can't wait to take him up again next season!
ColoradoKid

Postby ColoradoKid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 am

kottke_35 wrote:
Where ya'll located at again? Hope the lil guy turns out ok. I'm heading up the hill for third season. Two elk tags and a buck tag to fill this year. Hope the weather cooperates and it's a good year!

Good luck to you guys!

B.

We're just south of Denver in Highlands Ranch. How'd the trip go?
ColoradoKid

Postby Colohunter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:38 am

Sounds like it was a good idea to turn around! He probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. We went down to the Gunnison area and didn't see a single elk. It was too warm and dry. That's the second time I've taken my 450 out after elk and been completely skunked.
Colohunter

Postby kottke_35 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:25 am

Hey. Got skunked with thumper again but had good luck on a mule deer buck with my 338. I also missed a 5x5 bull but that's ok. We had to pack up early and come home due to weather. It was hot and dry, then the rain and snow was going to start. Glad your son is doing good. Better luck next year again!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Next

Return to The Trophy Wall