Show me something!!

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Show me something!!

Postby Nosparks » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:32 pm

WOW! I didn't know they grew them that big on the west coast!
Nosparks

Postby HogRoller1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:46 pm

LOL:lol: Not an everyday sight out here in California but, we got some big boar hogs. Not a huge population like TX or, other states known for great hog hunting but, we have some good "pockets" of hogs. Apparently I found one of them pockets that was holding this one! Lol :D
HogRoller1

Postby duckmanmark » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:25 am

Wow, nice piggies Roller ! I am headed to South Texas in a couple of weeks and plan on purchasing a little video recorder for my Pulsar N750 before I go. Hope to have some flop\bang live footage to share soon.
Christian, Conservative
Husband, Father
Friend, Worker
Taxpayer
I'm not sure if this is a sigfile or an epitaph
duckmanmark

Postby HogRoller1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Awesome duckman! I'm horrible when it comes to taking pictures...can't believe I even remembered to take pictures of the ones I posted! :D Looking forward to seeing some good videos from your TX hunt. I've been wanting to film some hunts too. Best of luck to you, and hope to see some big boars fall down the way these awesome Thumpers put em down!!!
HogRoller1

Postby wildcatter » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Just got off the Phone with a Major Industry.... They are coming out with a Hog Killer Line and when I got off the phone the Mark was going to the lab to institute the ideas I instructed him in.

So, There's more ammo Variants coming on-line soon..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby HogRoller1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 pm

wildcatter wrote:Just got off the Phone with a Major Industry.... They are coming out with a Hog Killer Line and when I got off the phone the Mark was going to the lab to institute the ideas I instructed him in.

..t

GREAT! I'll tell ya what, living in CA, hunting mostly in the CA Condor zone, the lack of non lead ammunition kept me from doing my build until I saw Remington's Hog Hammer in 450BM...which still hasn't hit any shelves?!? After 4yrs, and calling every custom ammo manufacturer for lead free 450 Bushy rounds I finally built mine. Lucked out and found (should say "accidently" worked up) a good handload recipe for lead free ammo, and the Hornady factory rounds are incredible but, a little more variety will be greatly welcomed!!!
HogRoller1

Postby wildcatter » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:16 pm

HogRoller1 wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Just got off the Phone with a Major Industry.... They are coming out with a Hog Killer Line and when I got off the phone the Mark was going to the lab to institute the ideas I instructed him in.

..t

GREAT! I'll tell ya what, living in CA, hunting mostly in the CA Condor zone, the lack of non lead ammunition kept me from doing my build until I saw Remington's Hog Hammer in 450BM...which still hasn't hit any shelves?!? After 4yrs, and calling every custom ammo manufacturer for lead free 450 Bushy rounds I finally built mine. Lucked out and found (should say "accidently" worked up) a good handload recipe for lead free ammo, and the Hornady factory rounds are incredible but, a little more variety will be greatly welcomed!!!

Yup and we addressed your Condor area needs.

Did you make some 275gr Barnes XPB's??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby HogRoller1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:33 pm

wildcatter wrote:
HogRoller1 wrote:

..t

Yup and we addressed your Condor area needs.

Did you make some 275gr Barnes XPB's??

Awesome and thank you! Yes sir, I sure did use the 275gr Barnes XPB. They work very well for me. I'd still prefer factory rounds when they eventually come out. To be honest, I really don't like reloading...like, AT ALL! Those that know me will tell ya that I have a slight (HUGE!) case of ADD. Personally, I don't agree with that but, then again, I've never paid attention long enough to really be able to tell :D If I didn't build my 450BM I still wouldn't own a press or single set of dies. :lol:

..t
HogRoller1

Previous

Return to The Trophy Wall