Wound Channel Pictures

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Wound Channel Pictures

Postby norsemen308 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 am

Anyone got some wound channel pictures on the thumper? Heading back to east to bag me a few deer I hope and just wondering what this thing does it whitetails! Love the trophy pics!
norsemen308

Re: Wound Channel Pictures

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:24 pm

You might take a look on the game pole sub forum, (AKA-THE TROPHY WALL), and go back to 2010, 2011 and 2012 hunting seasons. I think some are posted there. Unfortunately some data may have been lost during our server crashes. Those who have any post Mortem photos please post there so we can view.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Sands pictures, suffice it to say, it is VERY unforgiving to the animals. I suppose, it all depends on the bullet selection. I've seen full caliber, Through and Through, holes and I've seen holes, wherein you can insert two side by side, balled up fists. either way it's "Bang-Flop" in spades. And it doesn't matter what you shoot, be it ground squirrels, Moose, 800lb Pigs or the really Big Monster Bears, they all "Bang Flop"!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby norsemen308 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:44 pm

thanks guys!! I went back in history and was :shock: .....Ill try to upload *hopefully* some pictures from my upcoming hunt!
norsemen308

Postby nickdeannow » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm

I am also extremely excited for my first deer season opener with my 450b this coming Saturday.

My problem is that I want to shoot a deer with it so bad my standards are at an all time low!! I have meat in the freezer from bow season and typically at this point in the season I'm only looking for a wall hanger.

Not this season...ANYTHING within 225 yards BEWARE!
nickdeannow

Postby bushmeister » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:03 pm

I'll just say it is unbelievably effective on whitetails. give an extra inch or two behind the shoulder than you would for a 270 or an 0-06 to keep the shoulders intact. After awhile you start to wait for them to walk towards the handiest loading areas before you shoot them... :D
bushmeister

Postby Nosparks » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:20 pm

My problem is that I want to shoot a deer with it so bad my standards are at an all time low!! I have meat in the freezer from bow season and typically at this point in the season I'm only looking for a wall hanger.

I got so damn excited to get a chance to shoot a deer with my 450, I don't think :oops: ....Well I know I didn't aim my 450, I think I just kind of saw deer in the scope and shot in its direction. Needless to say the guys at the hunting camp have ragged on me and my "cannon" all weekend long. I'm pretty sure even the hunting dogs laughed at me.
Nosparks

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:22 am

Nosparks wrote:

I got so damn excited to get a chance to shoot a deer with my 450, I don't think :oops: ....Well I know I didn't aim my 450, I think I just kind of saw deer in the scope and shot in its direction. Needless to say the guys at the hunting camp have ragged on me and my "cannon" all weekend long. I'm pretty sure even the hunting dogs laughed at me.

Contrary to popular belief, the 450 Bushmaster shock wave won't give a deer a heart attack and will not suck the lungs through their nose if the bullet passes close enough to a deers' nose. It actually does have to make contact. But if you manage to make a boiler room hit, it Will suck most of that soft organ tissue out through the other side of the exit wound.
Sort of an instantaneous shop vac effect.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
Nosparks wrote:

Contrary to popular belief, the 450 Bushmaster shock wave won't give a deer a heart attack and will not suck the lungs through their nose if the bullet passes close enough to a deers' nose. It actually does have to make contact. But if you manage to make a boiler room hit, it Will suck most of that soft organ tissue out through the other side of the exit wound.

Yes-Sir-ree-Bob and I've seen this happen myself on several occasions..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Nosparks » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:37 pm

I truly Laughed Out Loud!
Nosparks

Next

Return to The Trophy Wall