Black Hog Down, we've got a black hog down.

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Black Hog Down, we've got a black hog down.

Postby Sesshoku » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Landed in Fort Myers, FL, just before noon today. Hit the woods at 5p and drilled a 243-pound hogzilla at 23 yards just after 6p. The Thumper was anxious to get its first taste of blood, and who was I to deny it. Headshot dropped that boar flat on his ... hams.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me get my new rifle ready. That hunt was pretty damned awesome. The good news is I've got five more days to load up on bacon.

Chad
Sesshoku

Re: Black Hog Down, we've got a black hog down.

Postby Spike1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Nice hog. Damn their fun to shoot
Spike1

Postby wildcatter » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Sesshoku wrote:Image

Landed in Fort Myers, FL, just before noon today. Hit the woods at 5p and drilled a 243-pound hogzilla at 23 yards just after 6p. The Thumper was anxious to get its first taste of blood, and who was I to deny it. Headshot dropped that boar flat on his ... hams.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me get my new rifle ready. That hunt was pretty damned awesome. The good news is I've got five more days to load up on bacon.

Chad

Holy Crapola, You guys keep this up and Commander Fast and Furious and I, won't have to buy another Bacon and Egg Breakfast ever to come. Of course we'd bring The TSD, but I worry that he'll show up with a substitute for S'mores. See when the Dawg wants to HOG (every pun intended) all of the S'mores he tries to pass-off PPJ's as a S'more, Scoundrel that he is..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:18 am

Nice piggy!! How'd you get that close to Elmer, there?

And, pay no mind to WC...we'll be perfect breakfast guests. ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Sesshoku » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 pm

We did a spot and stalk in an area where he had been seen in the last few days. As we were walking a brush line along a huge cattle grazing pasture, looking out toward the pasture we came up in a slight bend and that hog walked out of the brush right in front of us with his head down. He got behind a bush then turned around. He then started rooting up ground and suddenly a turkey jumped right next to us. The turkey caused the hog to lift his head and as soon as he did, he got a 250 grain dose of bad medicine to the cranium. Definitely ranks in my top 3 most fun hunts.
Last edited by Sesshoku on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sesshoku

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Too cool!...that's the first time I've ever heard of a turkey decoying a hog...too bad spring turkey season isn't open yet, you could've gotten a two-fer!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby dec » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:46 am

Nice work Chad. 8-)

Maybe next year we can add a dedicated video rig to that hunt.
Derek Craig
dec

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:50 pm

I'm smiling!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Nosparks » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:03 am

commander faschisto wrote:Too cool!...that's the first time I've ever heard of a turkey decoying a hog...too bad spring turkey season isn't open yet, you could've gotten a two-fer!

Actually depending on where you are in Florida, spring gobbler season open! Of course I think the 450b might not leave much of the gobbler!
Nosparks

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Nosparks wrote:
commander faschisto wrote:Too cool!...that's the first time I've ever heard of a turkey decoying a hog...too bad spring turkey season isn't open yet, you could've gotten a two-fer!

Actually depending on where you are in Florida, spring gobbler season open! Of course I think the 450b might not leave much of the gobbler!

You don't have the 12 ga attachment for your 450 BM? I'm sure someone is working on that.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Next

Return to The Trophy Wall