Big Sow

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Big Sow

Postby Silverrun5 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:46 pm

This is the biggest Hog I have shot with the 450 Bushmaster so far. I was sitting over on the back side of our property a couple months ago trying to thin the herd tearing our pasture up when this big girl and 6 or 8 other hogs came along. There was a boar that was a little bigger, but this was one of the biggest sows I have seen. Besides, she was better for breakfast sausage! lol It was a simple 30 yard head-on shot - it went through the neck and down into the chest. It made a real mess of things in that general area... She didn't move. Unfortunately, her companions got into some high grass before I could line up another shot. For reference, that is a 20" barrel on the Bushmaster. I hunt from open stands a lot - that is why I have all the burlap and junk on the rifle. I had a couple deer spot the rifle when I was bringing it up. The burlap seemed to help with that...
Attachments
photo.JPG
.450 lying on top of hog.
photo.JPG (61.58 KiB) Viewed 8462 times
photo5.JPG
My ugly mug standing next to hog. I am 6'1" tall
photo5.JPG (56.57 KiB) Viewed 8462 times
photo.JPG
Hog was very wide across. I think there was some domestic hog mixed in somewhere
photo.JPG (43.39 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
Silverrun5

Re: Big Sow

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Very Cool!
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:27 am

If God doesn't want us eating pigs, why did he make them out of bacon? LOL. :lol:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby LegendInMyOwnMind » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:38 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:If God doesn't want us eating pigs, why did he make them out of bacon? LOL. :lol:

He does! :D
LegendInMyOwnMind

Return to The Trophy Wall