First 450 Piggy

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

First 450 Piggy

Postby texrider » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 am

Wasn't a DRT. Actually went further than any pig I've shot. The exit was almost the same as entry. It went thru the rib cage and must not have hit anything but flesh and lungs cause I don't think it expanded at all. It did leave a nice trail tho. Image
texrider

Re: First 450 Piggy

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 am

Welcome to our campfire and nice piggie! Give us the story!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Colohunter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 am

Way to break in the rifle!
Colohunter

Postby wildcatter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:43 pm

texrider wrote:Wasn't a DRT. Actually went further than any pig I've shot. The exit was almost the same as entry. It went thru the rib cage and must not have hit anything but flesh and lungs cause I don't think it expanded at all. It did leave a nice trail tho. Image

I guess we gotta expect the occasional, non-bang flop, but the very trackable Blood Trail, still lives up to the Bushmeister's Higgledy-Piggledy, wherein he exclaimed.." I don't need tracking skill any longer".

And Good Kill!!

And Welcome to the Board..

..t
Last edited by wildcatter on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby texrider » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Thanks for the welcomes.

Not much of a story. Was sitting in the blind last Saturday while it was nice and cool 68°(for Texas anyway). Have a feeder bout 140 yds, and was watching a doe and fawn eating. About sundown the deer decided they had enough and walked on down the fence line. About 2 min later Mr piggy came out and I popped him. Watched him run under the fence and about 100 yds into the next field before he flopped on his side and started flailing. Went to where I shot him and there was plenty of splatter and a trail to follow even though I saw where he went down. One thing I gotta say tho. I don't usually wear hearing protection when I hunt cause a shot or two with any rifle I have doesn't bother me, but the 450 is a must! My ears were ringing till I went to bed. ;)
texrider

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Nice pig and nice rig...a U-Build-It? Ceracote?

Rodger on the ear protection! As has been noted in this forum before, the 450b is excellent at the range bench for clearing you some space between you and your neighbors...everybody starts out thinking ".223 squirrel rifle," and then quickly learns the error of their ways when you touch off your first round.... ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:42 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Nice pig and nice rig...a U-Build-It? Ceracote?

Rodger on the ear protection! As has been noted in this forum before, the 450b is excellent at the range bench for clearing you some space between you and your neighbors...everybody starts out thinking ".223 squirrel rifle," and then quickly learns the error of their ways when you touch off your first round.... ;)

LOL.
This is a FACT. Whenever I bust out my 450B, folks treat me like I got some disease or something. They stay far away from me. And this is happening on my own range with my own family! I've got a few range videos where you can clearly see the brake in action. If you've got someone or something pestering you at the bench.... Just touch off a round. If they don't sit down and shut up, they will at least retreat. (My goats hate this rifle).
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby texrider » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Nice pig and nice rig...a U-Build-It? Ceracote?

Yes, I built it. It's a 18" ported Trident barrel that they ceracoted for me. YHM freefloat fore and a CMT Tactical slick side receiver.
texrider

Postby vhntr1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Looks good I'm getting ready to head to Tennesee to go pig hunting ,and my daughter is getting married at the hunting lodge.the wedding party is hunting a couple day before .I got my ammo loaded up with some 275gr barns let the fun begin.
vhntr1

Return to The Trophy Wall