Big hog with a bow

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Big hog with a bow

Postby scrmblr1982cj8 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:55 am

This hog was taken with a bow last deer season in South Carolina by Brandon Braxton. The hog came to a corn pile near sunset and walked directly under Brandon's tree stand. Brandon shot this hog in the spine. It took 3 men to drag this hog out of the woods.
Attachments
IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG (62.01 KiB) Viewed 14998 times
scrmblr1982cj8

Re: Big hog with a bow

Postby scrmblr1982cj8 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:03 pm

I forgot to mention that he weighed 495 lbs.
Last edited by scrmblr1982cj8 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
scrmblr1982cj8

Postby texrider » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:46 pm

195?? He sure looks bigger than that! Nice one.
texrider

Postby scrmblr1982cj8 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 am

Oops! Hit the wrong key. He weighed 495.
scrmblr1982cj8

Postby wildcatter » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Wow!!! 495lbs makes the case for the 450b. what would have happened if it'd have charged? Day ain't many double barreled bows around and if the Back-Up Guy had a bolt or lever gun, with a charge starting at say 50yds They'd get one chance to end the ordeal and if they blow that shot and they often will (see the bullets from Professional hunters fall way behind the animal and even the Back-Up Shooters, for the Back-Up Shooters can't hit the animal at mere feet away.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmcXuTBO0oo).. Well it's good-By-Nick!!

I gotta question for you pig experts. Knowing the Farm Raised Pigs are butchered at about 225lbs, any heavier and the weight goes into Diminished Returns.

I also know that most of the really big pigs become ground fertilizer.

Question, does anybody eat these monster pigs? Seems to me,you might. I don't care, if the weight to feed ratio is out of whack. Can I eat the monsters? Or is it a challenge in the Kitchen?

But, in any event I'm proud to know you are truly an expert with a bow. Man, I'd through my gun down and run squealing like a girl, at the sight of your Piggy!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:00 pm

That is some serious bacon there, man! Ya done good!!!

WC, if that thing was heading our way in an unfriendly manner, I'd be right in front of ya...don't have to be faster than Porky, just faster than YOU.... :D
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:59 am

commander faschisto wrote:That is some serious bacon there, man! Ya done good!!!

WC, if that thing was heading our way in an unfriendly manner, I'd be right in front of ya...don't have to be faster than Porky, just faster than YOU.... :D

and I can see ole Tim laying one in your knee cap and as stepping over you saying something like "thanks for taking one for the team CF I'll make sure the board knows how brave and valiant you were" :o :shock:
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:04 am

It sure is good to see a fellow smelly bow Hunter here! My first love was the bow.
image.jpg
Falco Trphybow
image.jpg (67.75 KiB) Viewed 14852 times

This is my Estonian Falco Trophybow and homemade quiver that I made from a bow shot doe.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:47 pm

commander faschisto wrote:That is some serious bacon there, man! Ya done good!!!

You'd better faster than me or you'll be slipping, just like the Monster, in my Poo. Which "IS" the reason no Griz or Momma Moose, ever caught me!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Glad to know you're faster than we thought....I'll have to get back into running form! :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Next

Return to The Trophy Wall