1st 450 Kills

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

1st 450 Kills

Postby Riverkat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:42 am

This is my 1st season hunting with the 450. I have a Leupold VXR 3x9 on her and absolutely love this rifle/scope combo. This is my 1st AR and im impressed by its steadiness on offhand shots where no rest is possible. The VXR makes low light shots alot easier as well. I took 2 bucks with her this season, 1 in Indiana and one in Michigan. Both were lung/heart shots with no shoulder blade or spine contact. Both deer ran approximately 100 yds leaving heavy blood on the ground. When skinned both deer showed heavy tissue damage on both entry and exit sides and there was alot more blood under the hide and in thre tissues surrounding the wounds. One deer was 125 yds the other 150yds. Both bullets struck exactly where I had aimed. Hornady factory loads. I believe ive found my favorite deer gun of all time.
Riverkat

Re: 1st 450 Kills

Postby randyf » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Nothing for me to post ........Ohio decided not to allow the 450B for deer season...........unlike it's neighbors, Indiana and Michigan
randyf

Re: 1st 450 Kills

Postby kottke_35 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:06 pm

The 450 bushmaster is a very formidable game getter. I carry mine in Colorado while elk hunting in the thick cedar pockets. Welcome aboard and hope you continue to have success! Hopefully Ohio comes around and allows it some day soon!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Return to The Trophy Wall