Ohio Deer 2022

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Ohio Deer 2022

Postby DubbleTrubble » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:38 pm

Very nice whitetail doe this past Friday with the 450 AR. Big girl, so I should get lots of meat. Was about a 165 yard shot across part of my alfalfa field from a blind, right along the edge of the woods in the pics, but the actual spot is covered by the rifle scope in the pic..Though that is normally a high traffic area, I froze my ass for five days before she appeared. Prior to that, zip, zero, nada. She came out of the woods with four bucks in hot pursuit, one with a nice rack, but I don't go for bucks generally if I have a choice. Pretty happy with the shot... upper double lung, a little diagonal so the exit was about five inches farther back than the entry, but no organ damage (other than lung). Bullet went right on thru and busted ribs on both sides. She dropped, kicked a couple times and was gone. Really glad for that. I practice out to 200 yards and have it sighted for zero at 110 yards.

Stand-LR.jpg
Stand-LR.jpg (48.47 KiB) Viewed 6585 times

2022Doe-LR2.jpg
2022Doe-LR2.jpg (104.87 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
Jim Allen

Former U.S. Army Mariner
DubbleTrubble

Re: Ohio Deer 2022

Postby coyote wacker » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:14 am

Great to hear a nother 450 BM success story ! I need to go visit ( hunt ) my relatives farm in Ohio !
coyote wacker

Return to The Trophy Wall