2009 Hunting Pictures

Post pictures and tell us all about the critters you harvested with your Thumper.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 2009 Hunting Pictures

Postby the_mad_rshn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 am

Hey all,

Finally. I got one :-)
It was a hunt this Saturday on the public land. 30 minutes into the hunt and there was a 4-6 pointer about 50 yards behind the bushes. I shot and missed. My friend saw him about a minute later grazing and then running away a hundred yards from me. Then somebody's dogs brought this doe to my view and I shot her at about 70 yards. She fell, moved a bit and that was it. The exit wound was about 2.5 inch shattering her spine. Then an hour later when I was done gutting her and day-dreaming same dogs brought another one into my view. I have a scout scope as you can see on the pic. The doe was running slowly away from the dogs and I shot her while moving, but at the last moment she got behind a tree and I actually saw the bullet hitting the trunk. It was fun. It was a helluva morning and I am grateful for my harvest and my first 450 kill.

Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby wildcatter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:48 am

YEAH!!!, Good go 'ol man, Dems sho-nuff tender loins..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thatguy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:19 pm

I got my first 450B kill this afternoon.. I shot a doe at about 60 yds behind my house... it was a neck shot and she dropped where she was.. I watched her for about 10 minutes from my office window before I decided to walk outside and see if I could get a shot. She was behind some brush and I didnt want to take a bad shot. She finally wandered up the hill a little and I got a clear shot and took it.. Either I jerked a little or she moved, the shot was a little higher than I wanted but still a good clean kill.

I had a 4 pt buck in the scope this morning, but couldnt get him to turn sideways and he was behind some brush. He and 3 others took off when they got wind of me..

Ill post pics later.. She is not big, but will be good eating..

Edited to add.. Used Hornady 250 gr FTX, Nikon Omega 3-9 scope..

Brian
Last edited by thatguy on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby thatguy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Here are some pics.. She is bigger than that one pic shows her to be though (she looks tiny there - she was in the 80 lb range which is decent size around here. She was probably 1 or 2 yrs old) .. I showed a close up of the exit hole, which was about 2x the entry hole - BUT once we skinned her out the entire neck was pulverized..

IMG_4016.jpg
IMG_4016.jpg (70.89 KiB) Viewed 11885 times

exit hole

IMG_4015.jpg
IMG_4015.jpg (75.56 KiB) Viewed 11885 times

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby the_mad_rshn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:15 pm

Hey Brian,

Do you need help hunting on your property.
She has a big head man. WOW. Mine was about 45lbs at most. A yearling most likely.

Cheers,
Mad
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby thatguy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:07 pm

the_mad_rshn wrote:Hey Brian,

Do you need help hunting on your property.
She has a big head man. WOW. Mine was about 45lbs at most. A yearling most likely.

Cheers,
Mad

She was sorta crunched up in that pic - she isnt nearly as small as it seems. I have been trying to take the bigger does just because I hate doing all the work on smaller ones for 1/2 the meat..

I wish i could invite you down.. BUT we actually have a 'no hunting' convenant in our neighborhood (which the the developer regrets now).. Obviously I have chosen to ignore that rule and so far none of the neighbors I talked to will complain.. We only have 7.3 acres and it drop off behind the house into a bowl so it give a good backdrop..

I could have probably killed 1 or 2 every day if i wanted to.. I took one with my muzzleloader about the same size a week ago.

Brian
thatguy

Postby bushmeister » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Well 2009 deer season was not a year for the trophy buck for me. I had one opportunity at a very nice 10 pt, but by the time I saw it and got my gun up, it had slipped into the brush. I did however finish the season with 2 does and a cull buck. Tracking was rather easy this year. Between the 3 deer, there were less than 10 yds total traveled after the shot.The second doe, was harvested today, (the last day of season in the northern zone) in order to fill the freezer. A 60 yard shot, and she fell where she was hit. I did have my camera with me this time. Maybe next year I'll have more to contribute to this thread. :oops:
Attachments
doerr.jpg
doerr.jpg (102.48 KiB) Viewed 11862 times
bushmeister

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:44 pm

:) Scored on another 8pt (broke left main tip & brow tine) with my BC last Sunday. The thumper stayed in the camp :? because I hunted one of my climbers in a new spot. Though this shot was just under 100yds, I thought my best chances were gonna be farther out :roll: I still have until Jan.31st to "thump" one though :D
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby Siringo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:33 pm

DU -- is that knife an "old timer" shrade? Got one just like it. Used only to cut the BIG deer in half (front/back) so two of us could haul it out of the woods. This was prior to 4 wheelers. Good old carbon steel blade.
Siringo

Postby claimbuster » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:08 pm

From the newest of nu-bee's, here are a pair of piggies that fell to the 450. I got the one on the left and the one on the right. I was sitting with sticks watching a fence line. A sounder broke out in front of me at 175 yds. and turned away from me. Two shots, two pigs. Bang-bang! BTW, I'm the good looking senior on your right! :D :D :D :D

I'm off to TX again in two weeks and I'm really looking forward to the trip. Need to sight in the 450 again as I replaced original scope mounts with a Burris P.E.P.R. mount.

Ammo is ready. Love Lil Gun and the Hornady Flex-Tips.
claimbuster

PreviousNext

Return to The Trophy Wall